INTRODUCTIONS PLEASE...

A place for those misc Geocaching related discussions that do not have their own topic.
(Please use the Off-Topic forurm if the discussion is not Geocaching related.)

Moderator: Steering Committee

BlackBrownDog
Obsessed Lvl Poster (3k+ posts)

INTRODUCTIONS PLEASE...

Post by BlackBrownDog »

Since some of us know each other, and others don't...let's introduce ourselves... You might inlcude...

Number of members in your team...
GPS used...
hides/finds at time of posting...
Favorite Cache or Type of Cache...
etc...

BlackBrownDog consists of myself, Mr. BBD and our geo-mascot with issues, Emmy. Mr. BBD is glad that I didn't select the name I wanted, or we'd be turtlegirl76. :? I found caching through a friend from work (mcoworks), but dived in deeper after I finally got my husband hooked. We have a GPSmap60C (garmin) and a etrex legend. We are paperless cachers since last October. We tend to gravitate towards the "long walk in the woods caches" but if you hide it we'll find it!

We look forward to some cache trips towards NEO, since we just got a travel trailer, and my sis is starting school at U of Akron this fall. :D

Can't wait for the Alien Encounter! :lol: We're pairing with Team Hydnckr. I love event caches!

Jen of BBD
runnerboy36
Regular Poster (100 - 199 posts)

Re: INTRODUCTIONS PLEASE...

Post by runnerboy36 »

Well runnerboy36 usually consists of a high school student (that's me!), my dad, and sometimes even my mom.
We were using our PDA and a wireless bluetooth receiver, but we have recently upgraded to a Magellan eXplorist 600. It is soo much easier to use than what we had.
I currently have 253 finds and 6 hides(including the one I adopted from augies). I started caching on December 31, 2004, so basically the beginning of the year.
I usually like the multi-caches and containers that are deviously hidden. Many of my favorite caches were hidden by Isotelus.
yogi57
Super Level Poster (1k - 1999 posts)

Post by yogi57 »

It's me and sometimes my wife, we been caching since Nov. 02'. I use Magellan Spotrak Pro and been paperless since Jan 04'. I like caches that are short distance from a trail.(I don't to bushwhack) WE both enjoyed cemetery caches because they are quick and clean and also usually no one else around. I usually hide my caches so you can find them year round because I enjoy caching during the winter month.
MastiffluvR
Infrequent Poster (1 - 49 posts)

Post by MastiffluvR »

So far, my daughter and I have been caching and my son is undecided about it. We have been caching for about...4 days now, but already have two finds without a GPS. Went looking for "My old stomping ground" cache just now and took my son with us (he's tall), but we could not find it. A GPS will definitely help us increase our finds.
Live, Love, Laugh!
cheechgang

Post by cheechgang »

I'm a 28 year old adonis. I'm told I look just like Brad Pitt. Just ask anyone. :twisted:
Proud to be
Streak, GeoArt, Power Trail, and Lab Cache free
BlackBrownDog

Post by BlackBrownDog »

cheechgang wrote:I'm a 28 year old adonis. I'm told I look just like Brad Pitt. Just ask anyone. :twisted:

Did I meet you? Did you come with that one grumpy man and the other grumpy man who's dog finds all the caches? :lol:

Mrs. BBD
yogi57

Post by yogi57 »

BlackBrownDog wrote:
cheechgang wrote:I'm a 28 year old adonis. I'm told I look just like Brad Pitt. Just ask anyone. :twisted:

Did I meet you? Did you come with that one grumpy man and the other grumpy man who's dog finds all the caches? :lol:

Mrs. BBD
I think they made a movie those "Grumpy Old Men"
BlackBrownDog

Post by BlackBrownDog »

Yogi57 wrote:
BlackBrownDog wrote:

Mrs. BBD
I think they made a movie those "Grumpy Old Men"
I always get Brad Pitt and Walter Matthau mixed up...
cheechgang

Post by cheechgang »

You also apparently have a penchant for getting Mr. BBD's garden hose confused with something else...
Proud to be
Streak, GeoArt, Power Trail, and Lab Cache free
BlackBrownDog

Post by BlackBrownDog »

That's someone else's confusion, not mine!!!
Stumpy75

Post by Stumpy75 »

Hi:

I'm fairly new at this, but I'm afraid I have caught the bug! :lol:

I'm currently using an old Garmin GPS45 from a boat I no longer have. It works, but it's a 1994 model, so the accuracy isn't all that great. Get's me to the area, and then I have to figure it out. Approaching from several different directions gets me a pretty good triangulation though. I have been looking at the Garmin 60 series, but they are a little too much $$$ for me right now.

I am currently doing this by myself, as I can't seem to get anyone else interested in it right now. 62 finds...many more to go!

Anyway, that's who I am. Looking forward to meeting some of you in person. When's the next meeting? Had to work or I would have been at the last one.

Chris, N8WGB
BlackBrownDog

Post by BlackBrownDog »

Chris:

Regarding the new GPS... I'd check out the GPSr of other cachers, see what features they like/dislike about their GPSr.

Regarding the event, it's a week from tomorrow...8/2 at Schlotzky's Deli...Event page is right here...

Mrs. BBD
Stumpy75

Post by Stumpy75 »

Ok on the meeting. Unfortunately, I have something else going that night. However, I will try to make the September one. I want to make a couple at least to see what everyone else is using and how they are doing it. Any tips I can learn can only help. :)

Thanks
Chris
BarnacleBear
Frequent Poster (200 - 499 posts)

Post by BarnacleBear »

Who's Brad Pitt?
keithandcompany
Moderate Poster (50 - 99 posts)

Post by keithandcompany »

We are Keith&Company. I'm Keith and my Company is usually my wife Mary Jo. Other Company members are the neighborhood kids who like to go "box-hunting". We have cached in 15 states and DC. As of today I think we have found around 470 caches. We own five Garmin GPSr's:Etrex Legend, Rhinos 110 and 120, Foretrex 101 and GPSmap 60CS.
We are from the Cincinnati, OH area, just 5 minutes from downtown. I went to school at BGSU, so I know a little about the area.
We have a home cache in our backyard which becomes a city park within a foot of the cache. We like to go to Events to meet other cachers and also plan some Event Caches on our own.