INTRODUCTIONS PLEASE...

A place for those misc Geocaching related discussions that do not have their own topic.
(Please use the Off-Topic forurm if the discussion is not Geocaching related.)

Moderator: Steering Committee

eckybay_ynnlay
Infrequent Poster (1 - 49 posts)

Re: INTRODUCTIONS PLEASE...

Post by eckybay_ynnlay »

Hi! I'm a newbie, so my team consists of...me! Oh! And the required dog. His name is Perrin. I'm a 26 year old female hailing from Lima. He's a very energetic shephard mix. I have an etrex Legend on order. I like being outdoors, I like electronic gadgets . . so it seemed like geocaching sould be a thing for me. Looking forward to spending more time on the forums here once I get my unit. I'm sure I'll need all the tips I can get, especially on all the secert stealh moves for urban caches!
Dubbin1
Regular Poster (100 - 199 posts)

Post by Dubbin1 »

Hello my name is Dwayne. My wife (Stephany) and I would be our own little team. We live in Findlay and are just getting back into geocaching after a couple year break. We are using a Magellan SporTrak Map and a Garmin GPS III (got it for $50). So far we only have found 19 caches mostly here in the Findlay area (just found 8 of those today :) ). Right now we are looking to add a few more caches to the Findlay area (found some great sites) and looking for more throughout NWO. Sorry for the rambling but I recently quit smoking and this helps ease the craving that I'm having right now :twisted: Well I hope to meet some of you at the next meet and eat here in Findlay on Sept 15th.

Later
Dwayne
yogi57
Super Level Poster (1k - 1999 posts)

Post by yogi57 »

I'm glad to see more cachers from the southern range of NWO. I'm from Leipsic and have some caches in Findlay and one in Lima. I did a workshop for Allen Co. Park system this spring. I been going to Findlay Meet and Eat and I can answer most of your question about geocaching and software for caching.
BlackBrownDog
Obsessed Lvl Poster (3k+ posts)

Post by BlackBrownDog »

Wow, now that's an avatar!

Welcome back to caching!
jsj444
Regular Poster (100 - 199 posts)

Post by jsj444 »

Team jsj444 can range anywhere from myself, the grumpy fat one, to as many as 4 of us. MamaCache, and the 2 Geolads. We have a great time caching together. We use a cheapo E-trex Legend but it gets the job done. I'd love to learn more about paperless caching. I look dorky enough without carrying the clipboard around!! LOL Misses BBD can attest to that as I ran into her at a cache once. Anyway, I really enjoy the caches that take you to interesting places you otherwise would never go to. 465 finds and 11 hides so far.
BlackBrownDog
Obsessed Lvl Poster (3k+ posts)

Post by BlackBrownDog »

Confused and Dorky are two different things...

;)
Angelus_Cowl
Infrequent Poster (1 - 49 posts)

Post by Angelus_Cowl »

I'm Eric, aka AngelusCowl. Starting caching back in 2012. Lived in Illinois just up until New Year's. I'm a member of GONIL and CIGA as well. I enjoyed working on DeLorme and All-County challenges, and am a big supporter of non-traditional hides.