Cedar Creek cache

A place for those misc Geocaching related discussions that do not have their own topic.
(Please use the Off-Topic forurm if the discussion is not Geocaching related.)

Moderator: Steering Committee

BlackBrownDog
Obsessed Lvl Poster (3k+ posts)

Cedar Creek cache

Post by BlackBrownDog »

I recieved an email today...
HI, Me and my friend were walking through Cedar Creeks Preserves back in the trails and we found your box. Except nothing inside was intact except the poker chips? and a clip the rest had water damage done to it. It was cool finding it and this card says balckbrowndog est. 2004 i dont know if thats when you put it there but me and friends always walk through that area and havent found it untill today, we thought it was something from world war 2 looking at the case because with all the old junk back there like pop cans from the 80's. But it was cool finding that case allthough we couldnt read anything in it besides a a part of a folded paper saying congratulations. there was a note pad in there but it was messed up and a seperate sheet of paper with some stuff on it but the writing looked too messy for me to read, but anyway i found your case, i went to the website geocaching.com i seen a user name kind of thing "Divehawk70, and it said something about contacting you on the other side. it was sweet looking through there and even finding it. Anyway if this email is still up and running get back at me, i would really like to know more about it.

Josh

I believe he found the EAB TB motel cache. I'd email it to Divehawk too...except email unvalidated on gc.com. I'll have to see if Schwnman can figure it out...
cheechgang

Re: Cedar Creek cache

Post by cheechgang »

I would agree that it was that one,GC1170Y,
because he describes something from WWII which infers an ammo can. It was most recently reported as needing maintenance, which fits.
Proud to be
Streak, GeoArt, Power Trail, and Lab Cache free
schwnman99
Frequent Poster (200 - 499 posts)

Post by schwnman99 »

I have Divehawk's number, I will call him and see if maybe he will let me adopt this one. I know for a fact that he does not cache anymore.
RustyNail09

Post by RustyNail09 »

BlackBrown: I will head out and check out your cache for ya tommorow afternoon, I work >5 mi. from it. My guess is also that he found the old rusted Ammo can that was the emerald ash borer TB hotel
RustyNail09

Post by RustyNail09 »

Ok, here's the update, I was out there on 3-15 and ran into Bravo and GSmom looking around for the cache. I came up upon the area that the cache was and it was muggled AGAIN.

Bravo replaced the container again in a different spot and I will be out on 3-17 to camo tape it and put some small tradeables and a new log.

if it comes up missing again, I would suggest moving this one or archiving it.
Mighty_Mo

Post by Mighty_Mo »

RustyNail, you are talking about the Emerald Ash TB Hotel, Right? I plan on hunting the Cedar Creek cache (adopted by The Moop Along) later this week. Maybe Thursday.
RustyNail09

Post by RustyNail09 »

no, I'm talking the Cedar Creek (GCG1KW) cache. I have e-mailed Moop the new coordinates and possible new instructions about increasing the difficulty a little. Expect an e-mail soon.
TheBearclaws
Super Level Poster (1k - 1999 posts)

Post by TheBearclaws »

This may add to the confusion GC1NVNW :lol:
Mighty_Mo

Post by Mighty_Mo »

No confusion. I found the Cedar Creek Cache yesterday. Si I wasn't around to get the notice for that one. However I may hunt it today :o)>
gsmom59
Moderate Poster (50 - 99 posts)

Post by gsmom59 »

Just to clear things up a bit...Bravo and I replaced the Cedar Creek cache container. I don't think the kids will find it again. The Emerald Ash is on the other side of the creek and we cleaned it up as best we could and rehid that one as well a bit better. Both are very near where I live so I can help with maintenance from time to time for the owners.

...Becky