Suggestion. Create a new periodic "nomadic" Meet &

Moderator: Steering Committee

Wolverine_Warriors
Infrequent Poster (1 - 49 posts)

Re: Suggestion. Create a new periodic "nomadic" Me

Post by Wolverine_Warriors »

Mighty_Mo wrote:
Wolverine_Warriors wrote:
thunter16148 wrote:Defiance meet and eat, if you have any Ohio State items you can wear can you do so? My friends Wolverine Warriors are planning on being there and we have a long running Ohio/Michigan thing going and it would be cool to welcome them to Buckeye country.
Thanks
Mike
Well I had heard through the rumor mill that this was posted so now that we are home we have decided to become members so that we can keep an eye on a certain guy and his shenanigans. We were so queezy that we could barely eat and Dubble Trouble has woken up twice having nightmares about worthless nuts. :D Seriously though it was sneaky and funny. I wondered why so many people had on such awful colors and now I know that it's because Mike paid you all to wear that stuff. It was good to see a few people stand strong like Team Mina, Eleanor and Moop Along. We had a great time today talking with everybody and can't wait for another one when there hopefully isn't a blizzard from Michigan to Defiance going on so we can get more than just 10 caches.

Justin
Justin,

The next time I see T-Hunter I will give him a present I have for you.
8O I'm guessing this can't be a good thing!!!
ScouterJoe
Super Level Poster (1k - 1999 posts)

Post by ScouterJoe »

I looks like it was a complete success. I wish I could have been there. Scouting got in the way. Maybe next time.
yogi57

Post by yogi57 »

Maybe we should have one before the football season?
GeoFlint13
Mega Poster (500 - 999 posts)

Post by GeoFlint13 »

Maybe we could get GizmoGuy to put up a couple of polls. One to see if it should be held in Defiance again or if it should be nomadic and try it somewhere else. Another to see if people want to have one this summer or wait and have one once the college football season starts.
Good Luck & Happy Hunting!
McCombRef
Frequent Poster (200 - 499 posts)

Post by McCombRef »

We could do it on the OSU-Michigan Saturday. Then we could see if there is a separation between cache and state.
GizmoGuy411
Uber Level Poster (2k - 2999 posts)

Post by GizmoGuy411 »

GeoFlint13 wrote:Maybe we could get GizmoGuy to put up a couple of polls. One to see if it should be held in Defiance again or if it should be nomadic and try it somewhere else. Another to see if people want to have one this summer or wait and have one once the college football season starts.
I can do that. But let's throw out some more ideas and see what happens. When I get home from out of town next week I'll put up some polls based on the ideas here.

I was thinking that we really don't need to have one for Maumee and Findlay every month, so if we have a nomadic M&E we could make B.G. part of the nomadic series too, and not have one for Maumee & Findlay for that month. Thoughts?

I wish we had a Google map set up with pushpins for all our members to see the geographical distribution. Anyone wanna tackle that? There is "Clusterer" addon for Google's API at www.acme.com that could be used. Maybe GoodDog could get on that! The author even says, "Using Clusterer is very easy."
GizmoGuy411

Post by GizmoGuy411 »

BTW! You guys did a great job of hosting the event.

I was very impressed to see the turn-out and the distance that some drove dispite the weather!
Mighty_Mo
Obsessed Lvl Poster (3k+ posts)

Post by Mighty_Mo »

I completely agree the Defiance M&E was a great success. Part of the success may be attributable to the nomadic nature of the event. I know I wanted to meet cachers that don't make it to the Maumee M&E.

I think the push pin idea is a fine one.
GeoFlint13

Post by GeoFlint13 »

GizmoGuy411 wrote:
GeoFlint13 wrote:Maybe we could get GizmoGuy to put up a couple of polls. One to see if it should be held in Defiance again or if it should be nomadic and try it somewhere else. Another to see if people want to have one this summer or wait and have one once the college football season starts.
I was thinking that we really don't need to have one for Maumee and Findlay every month, so if we have a nomadic M&E we could make B.G. part of the nomadic series too, and not have one for Maumee & Findlay for that month. Thoughts?

Could it be a nomadic M & E that moves between Bowling Green, Defiance, Findlay and Maumee? Have 2 M & E's a month and have it rotate between the 4 places that way each place has one every other month? I think that Defiance's needs to stay on a Saturday though. I do newspaper routes Sunday through Friday between 3 - 5pm and I know T-Hunter is a 2nd shifter.
cachergirl27

Post by cachergirl27 »

I'd be willing to shift between Maumee & BG. Defiance is a little bit away for people who work until 5:30, however, that would give us a reason to get over there & cache!
GeoFlint13

Post by GeoFlint13 »

GizmoGuy411 wrote:I wish we had a Google map set up with pushpins for all our members to see the geographical distribution. Anyone wanna tackle that? There is "Clusterer" addon for Google's API at www.acme.com that could be used. Maybe GoodDog could get on that! The author even says, "Using Clusterer is very easy."

Very easy for who? LOL! Definately not a non-techy like me. I think the push pin locator thing is a great idea, but I'm not smart enough to understand how to do it. I'm still amazed that I was able to pick up on HTML enough to be able to do my cache hide pages!
For the most part, trying to teach me tech & code stuff is like :deadhorse:
Me trying hard to understand and figure out tech & code stuff :blowup:
GizmoGuy411

Post by GizmoGuy411 »

Then have you seen my GeoHTML guide?

And don't feel out in the cold about the Map thing.... It did not exactly look easy to me either!
GeoFlint13

Post by GeoFlint13 »

GizmoGuy411 wrote:Then have you seen my GeoHTML guide?
Haven't seen it, but I don't think my pages look too bad for an amateur.
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... 4869bcd8c1
yogi57

Post by yogi57 »

I think that we should keep Maumee, BG and Findlay schedule as is and Defiance on Saturday every 2 or 3 months. Maybe if you want you add a 2nd location for the Saturday rotation. I believe if you keep the Saturday M&E at every 3 months you will a better attendance than a monthly meeting.
GizmoGuy411

Post by GizmoGuy411 »

GeoFlint13 wrote:
GizmoGuy411 wrote:Then have you seen my GeoHTML guide?
Haven't seen it, but I don't think my pages look too bad for an amateur.
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... 4869bcd8c1
You are right! Your page does look good. I think making your page look good, makes the cache look better too. It shows you took the time to make it presentantable to other cachers.

I know I'm off topic here and I try not to do that, so for any more HTML discussion here is where I hid the HTML stuff: http://nwogeo.org/Forums/viewtopic/t=1752.html