Super Level Poster (1k - 1999 posts)

Re: Suggestion. Create a new periodic "nomadic" Me

Post by yogi57 »

where's tim horton?
GeoFlint13
Mega Poster (500 - 999 posts)

Post by GeoFlint13 »

2 blocks south of Biggby (Beaners). Same side of Clinton St. Right beside the new Rite-Aid.
Good Luck & Happy Hunting!
ScouterJoe

Post by ScouterJoe »

I guess I knew of the negative meaning of the previous name, but from the time they moved into town I never thought about anything but coffee beans until they changed the name.
cachergirl27

Post by cachergirl27 »

ScouterJoe wrote:I guess I knew of the negative meaning of the previous name, but from the time they moved into town I never thought about anything but coffee beans until they changed the name.
Yeah, there was a whole big thing about a year ago that they went through & changed their name because there was a "negative association" with Beaners. It made sense to me to be called that, coffee beans, whatever!
GeoFlint13

Post by GeoFlint13 »

Is this ok with McCombRef & Ica-Jess? I have A LOT going on today, so tomorrow I will try to go scout-out and talk to management at East of Chicago, Buffalo Wild Wings, Biggby & Tim Horton's.
yogi57

Post by yogi57 »

GeoFlint13 wrote:Is this ok with McCombRef & Ica-Jess? I have A LOT going on today, so tomorrow I will try to go scout-out and talk to management at East of Chicago, Buffalo Wild Wings, Biggby & Tim Horton's.
Wifi would great but not necessary. I doubt we'll get too many more than 24 people but it's a possibly. First you need decide on what day and time because we want to hit their slow time. Years ago we did a breakfast one at Bob Evans on a Saturday morning, boy was that a mistake. The group south of us had M&E at BWW on Saturday at noon and it wasn't crowded or noisy. If you have an afternoon one you can have coffee on pastry but that won't work for an evening meal.
Hope this helped.
GeoFlint13

Post by GeoFlint13 »

I'm I taking over the organization of this Defiance M&E possibility? It seems like I am and I definately don't want to step on any toes or upset anyone for doing so! Especially since I'm not the one that started this topic. I don't mind finding a location to have the M&E, but I don't want to do it all by myself. Heck I've only been a member since July and don't even have 200 finds yet! I would appreciate some feedback on this please. I have a laptop, but it's not WiFi and my mother-in-law's working on it because it crashed. I only know of 2 other geocachers that live in Defiance and neither on of them cache very often. I'm sure they would come to the M&E though. I just figured that since I live in Defiance that it would be easier for me to help find a location than for someone that lives 30 or more away. I will start by going to and talking to management at BWW tomorrow. I'm sure that if we're going to have a good sized group of people show up, then they won't have a problem with lowering the noise level in there a little bit. The only reason that I haven't been to a NWOGEO M&E is because they are during the week. Since there is no college football and the NFL season is about over, my suggestion is that Saturday early afternoon would be a good. Feedback on this idea, please. Second, I will check out East of Chicago.
GeoFlint13

Post by GeoFlint13 »

Just got back from BWW. They would love for us to have a M&E there. The assistant manager said that early Saturday afternoon would be great. I also forgot about Cabin Fever Coffee. I called and they have WiFi too. They have a good amount of room there too. So I guess the question is: Wings in a sports bar environment or coffee and pastry in a little quieter establishment. What do you all think???!!!
TeamMina
Obsessed Lvl Poster (3k+ posts)

Post by TeamMina »

Thanks for checking those places out, Eric!
I don't think there's a real hurry in trying to schedule something immediately.
I've never worked on putting anything together either, but it would need to be approved and posted by Keystone for at least a month or so, like most Meet & Greets work.
So right now we just need to find a place that will work with us, and determine when is best to arrange it.
We don't want to schedule it near any other area events.
I'll inquire at work tomorrow to see if anyone there (since they all know Defiance better than me) had any other ideas of a good place for us to go.
Pretty sure they have better area connections than I do! :)
McCombRef
Frequent Poster (200 - 499 posts)

Post by McCombRef »

I would think that a Saturday afternoon would be a good time. I doubt college basketball would bring in a huge crowd since it is on TV everyday.

Nobody wouldn't be stepping on my toes at all if you want to schedule the time and place. I am about 35 miles away. I will help in any way and even create the event and submit for approval. I am not sure of the amount of time from submittal to event requirements. I am sure it is spelled out on GC.com
McCombRef
Frequent Poster (200 - 499 posts)

Post by McCombRef »

OK, I just looked it up, there needs to be at least two weeks between the submittal and the event.
GeoFlint13

Post by GeoFlint13 »

I tell you what, you pick the date and time. I was thinking 1 or 2 pm, that way the event will be over before the dinner crowd starts rolling in. I told the manager that I talked to, that I would call or stop in about a week before the event. He said that would be great. You choose the date and time and then I will let them know immediately so we have their ok and then you can get it set up with geocaching.com.
yogi57

Post by yogi57 »

I think a Saturday afternoon would be great. And you will draw a different crowd than you would get from Maumee and Findlay.
GeoFlint13

Post by GeoFlint13 »

I'm excited about meeting new cachers and putting the faces with the names! So far I know: T-Hunter, TeamMina (all 3 of them), mcrtyfan, DTFD1267, FireRose's, FireWalker353, Rowdie, Memsochet & comtech. I think that's the complete list and hope I didn't miss anyone. Ready to meet more of you.
TeamMina
Obsessed Lvl Poster (3k+ posts)

Post by TeamMina »

Just got home from work and read the thread.

I am willing to help with everything. I can post the event unless someone else id dying to do it, get the log book (try to keep track of it), etc. if no one else wants to do it. I think an event from 10-12 or from 2-4 would be good times.

Let me know if you want you need my help on.

Sheryl