Entertainment Planning

Event planning for the 2008 Holiday Shindig.
NWOGEO
NWOGEO

Entertainment Planning

Post by NWOGEO »

Placeholder to start discussion.
[url=http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?A=122994:29dr6fa5][img:29dr6fa5]http://img.groundspeak.com/stats/img.aspx?txt=Click+here+to+view+my+stats!&uid=88d9c197-a8e4-4df3-8248-c83a45c0d158&bg=1[/img:29dr6fa5][/url:29dr6fa5]
Stumpy75
Super Level Poster (1k - 1999 posts)

Re: Entertainment Planning

Post by Stumpy75 »

Ok, here goes nothin'... I'll take the lead here.

Although the band was great the past few years, it IS an expense when money is tight. I know I could not ask the group I usually play with to do this gratis(most live in the Detroit area and are not cachers), and I really don't expect other groups to do it either... If someone knows a group that would do it for free, please speak up!

Also, somewhere in the early talking about the hall, GD also mentioned that there really isn't a place for a band in that hall. And if you are going to have 50 or more people, some type of electronics will be needed to hear the band, and that takes up more space too...

I have a small amp and a mic for announcements if that is needed(Not sure it is...).

That being said, I also have a BOSE wave radio, and there is a local station that plays all Christmas music by that time of year. What do you think?

I'll bring an amp, a mic and the radio(and probably my guitar too, as we have a few other musicians in the group!).

Anyone else have an idea on any other entertainment, please jump in...

I see that there is an area that Pburgzoo is leading up that relates to activities, so I'll leave it to them to plan any game type of things.
GoodDog

Post by GoodDog »

Thank you Chris! :D
shannienkitch
Moderate Poster (50 - 99 posts)

Post by shannienkitch »

I could ask my uncle - he's in a band called Hugh Rock... Not sure if they'd do it for free or not but can't hurt to ask... Otherwise I think the radio idea is good. Kitch is really good at making mixed CDs as well...
GizmoGuy411
Uber Level Poster (2k - 2999 posts)

Post by GizmoGuy411 »

I stopped and took a look at the Great Room yesterday, and given the size of it, we may want to reconsider having a band.

The maximum room capacity is 100, and once we set up some bufffet tables, our capacity may be further limited.

I also checked with the staff, and we can NOT use the lobby table for our check-in. So that will mean the check in table will also have to be inside the room. (I'll repost that info in the check-in topic area and other info I learned in their respective topic threads as well.)
GoodDog

Post by GoodDog »

shannienkitch wrote:I could ask my uncle - he's in a band called Hugh Rock... Not sure if they'd do it for free or not but can't hurt to ask... Otherwise I think the radio idea is good. Kitch is really good at making mixed CDs as well...
A mixed CD would be better than my old cassets of the Barking Dogs.
We can't pay for a band this year, but maybe this time we can get the drop in musicians. Stumpy, Istrum2 (she around?)---
Stumpy75

Post by Stumpy75 »

I was thinking the same thing, that the room might just be too small for a band this year. So... I'll bring the radio, but I don't have a CD player to go with it, as mine is broke. It does have a RCA jack right and left input though, so if someone else had a CD or DVD player, we could plug that into it.

Istrum2 is back in town and was at the M&G on Tuesday, so there's another possibility too! Of course, if Bluegrass wanted to bring his guitar or mandolin, we might just have us a small jam session! Anyone have the words to the 12 days of Geocaching?? :D :lol:
Stumpy75

Post by Stumpy75 »

I just found the Area 51 words of the 12 Days of Geoacaching! :o :oops: :roll:

I think I can clean them up though! :D :D
GizmoGuy411
Uber Level Poster (2k - 2999 posts)

Post by GizmoGuy411 »

Please continue all discussion here:
http://nwogeo.org/Forums/viewtopic/t=1765.html