Big Cleveland area Summer Event

Discussion of Events

Moderator: Steering Committee

SherwoodForest
Infrequent Poster (1 - 49 posts)

Big Cleveland area Summer Event

Post by SherwoodForest »

I'm sure some of you have caught this posted on other boards, but I'm trying to let all the caching groups in the area know about a big caching event that is being put on by Cleveland Metroparks and NEOGeocachers.

Here is the cache page for Northeast Ohio's premiere geocaching event for the summer:

Geocache-athalon

So, please mark your calendars and plan on attending.

There will probably be an informal pub/restaurant hang-out social after the event for those so inclined...

Hopefully so of you can make it over, it should be a great time. We had over 80 cachers at the paddle & cache last year, and this cache is bigger, badder and bolder than that..

Questions, post 'em here, or email me at mistthag@hotmail.com
SherwoodForest
Infrequent Poster (1 - 49 posts)

BUMP

Post by SherwoodForest »

Just want to bring up awareness of this event again, so everyone can try and fit it into their plans if possible...

Eight courses of varying difficulty utilizing all manners of transportation: Canoeing, Kayaking, Stream Hiking, Bicycling, Driving, Wheels (strollers/rollerblades/wheelchairs/kid's bikes), and Easy and Challenging Hikes.

There are two other excellent caches within the same park (well I'll know for sure after I do the second one tomorrow, but it should be excellent), and roughly 80 or so within a 15-mile radius.

There will be something for everyone, the opportunity to try different things, and meet other geocachers (hopefully even geocachers from Michigan or PA or WV).

Plus, it will really show Cleveland MetroParks how much the geocaching community appreciates their caches and events. They have been extremely active in helping geocaching to thrive in Northeast Ohio.

I really hope that people will be able to attend, and look forward to seeing y'all there...

And, it seems we will be having a birthday celebration after the event, and there will be an impromptu Cache Caravan to find some other local caches over the weekend.

For more about the event, feel free to email me, or Cleveland MetroParks (geocaching@clemetparks.com)