Boy Scout Camporee - VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!

Discussion of Events

Moderator: Steering Committee

cachergirl27
Super Level Poster (1k - 1999 posts)

Boy Scout Camporee - VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!

Post by cachergirl27 »

NEED VOLUNTEERS!!!!
RNW422 is holding a camporee for Boy Scouts at Basic Park in Luckey, Ohio. This is 5/19/2012 at 9:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. Basically what we need volunteers for is to time the kids & then verify how many caches they found. Anyone who volunteers can stay for a dutch oven dinner (it was yummy last year!). This year our participation is VERY important as the kids will be actively searching for hidden containers, not just talking about geocaching. PLEASE leave a note here or message me for more information or to volunteer. Thank you!!!
Mighty_Mo
Obsessed Lvl Poster (3k+ posts)

Re: Boy Scout Camporee - VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!

Post by Mighty_Mo »

Oh poop the 3rd Saturday of the month is always busy for me.

Sorry, sounds like fun though
OCCD
Moderate Poster (50 - 99 posts)

Post by OCCD »

I'll help out. If you think my son can assist he's willing to help out too.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2
rnw422
Frequent Poster (200 - 499 posts)

Post by rnw422 »

Thanks to everyone that has read this and is volunteering to help. The Geocaching Challenge starts at 9:00am and runs till 3:00pm. There will be 5 or 6 caches hidden through out the area and each scout troop attending will have a team of up to 5 scouts. They will get the preprinted cards with the cords on them when they start. Sheets will be made up for the NWOGEO volunteers to put start and finish times on. When each team finishes, their time will be calculated. In each cache will be some kind of identifing sticker which will also have to be placed in the correct spot on the card. The team with the most stickers and the fastest time will win a trophy.

Each volunteer is invited for lunch and dinner which will be prepared by each troop in dutch ovens. I can tell you that the theme this year for lunch is "Italian" and dinner is either a meat and potatoes, meat and pasta or meat and rice dish. We have troops from southern ohio and some from michigan as well as our area attending the event. We are also giving away $1500.00 worth of door prizes not to mention trophies for each challenge and an overall winner traveling trophy.

It should be a fun time. We hope to see you on Saturday before 9:00am at Basic Park in Luckey. Thanks for helping out.
cachergirl27

Post by cachergirl27 »

Bumping this thread. So far confirmed it will be HumdrumBill, Scuba, PBZ & I. There was a rumor that Andog would be able to help out, but that's not been confirmed. Anyone else??? You don't have to stay the entire time, you can come & go!!! :)
cachergirl27

Post by cachergirl27 »

Thanks a bunch to Humdrumbill & The One Dude, Anddog, PBZ & Scuba for coming out to the Camporee today. The boys had a great time hunting the 5 caches Rob put out, everyone had a good time walking with the kids. We rolled our eyes a lot when the kids would miss the HUGE ammo can in the tent!! The best time turned in was 5 caches in 45 minutes, and there was a long walk involved. The kids seemed to take the timed challenge seriously. Great experience this year!
OCCD
Moderate Poster (50 - 99 posts)

Post by OCCD »

We had a great time. Watching the Scouts use their analytical skills to locate the caches with little or no experience made me a little envious. I'd be lying if I said my first finds went that easily.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2
rnw422
Frequent Poster (200 - 499 posts)

Post by rnw422 »

A HUGE Thank You goes out to those that helped with the Geocaching Challenge at our Troop 332 Tri-Challenge Campout. Without your help, this would have never been possible. You guys and gal are the greatest. All the scouts and leaders said this was a great addition to our event. Again, Thank you for all your hard work!