Frequent Poster (200 - 499 posts)

Re: Trees for party room?

Post by Bucknut63 »

I will help
styx
Mega Poster (500 - 999 posts)

Post by styx »

Can I bring Pax and let him run around? He may dig a hole or two.
I know I don't have the longest streak
........ but do I have the longest slump?
Stumpy75
Super Level Poster (1k - 1999 posts)

Post by Stumpy75 »

Simpson, and I'll help.
cachergirl27

Post by cachergirl27 »

Simpson & tree planting sounds like a good idea. I can use a shovel as good as the next guy! :)
Handyman-N-Fam
Obsessed Lvl Poster (3k+ posts)

Post by Handyman-N-Fam »

I thought I already posted on here. I guess not.
I would be happy to help too.
GoodDog

Post by GoodDog »

styx wrote:Can I bring Pax and let him run around? He may dig a hole or two.
:mrgreen:
Yes, but on leash. He can dig some holes. I wish my Lab "Sunny" was still around he could dig a couple hundred holes by himself in an afternoon.
OnDHunt

Post by OnDHunt »

What a great idea. If my schedule permits, I would be glad to help out. I might even be able to get a couple of the older kids to join in.

Plus someone will have to teach Cheech which end of the sapling to plant!
I am an amazed cacher!
styx
Mega Poster (500 - 999 posts)

Post by styx »

GoodDog wrote:
styx wrote:Can I bring Pax and let him run around? He may dig a hole or two.
:mrgreen:
Yes, but on leash. He can dig some holes. I wish my Lab "Sunny" was still around he could dig a couple hundred holes by himself in an afternoon.
On leash..... bummer. Will be tough to hold him and dig at the same time. May have to leave him home. Too bad an electronic collar doesn't count as a leash.
I know I don't have the longest streak
........ but do I have the longest slump?
cachergirl27

Post by cachergirl27 »

Hey here's a question:
National CITO weekend is 4/21-22. ODOT wants everyone to schedule their first AAH Pickup between 3/26-4/27. Why can't we move the first CITO to 4/21, and then we have no other conflicting obligations on 4/28 and we can plant trees.
The move would fit all 3 purposes. What do you all think? I want to get the CITO dates firmed up & published in the next week. I have to send the schedule to ODOT soon.
cheechgang

Post by cheechgang »

cachergirl27 wrote:Hey here's a question:
National CITO weekend is 4/21-22. ODOT wants everyone to schedule their first AAH Pickup between 3/26-4/27. Why can't we move the first CITO to 4/21, and then we have no other conflicting obligations on 4/28 and we can plant trees.
The move would fit all 3 purposes. What do you all think? I want to get the CITO dates firmed up & published in the next week. I have to send the schedule to ODOT soon.
Yes
Proud to be
Streak, GeoArt, Power Trail, and Lab Cache free
Mighty_Mo

Post by Mighty_Mo »

cachergirl27 wrote:Hey here's a question:
Consider that the 2nd YES
GoodDog

Post by GoodDog »

Yes on the cito move.

I haven't heard back from my director about the trees/shelter thing. She is totally overwhelmed by trying to pass a levy for a new city pool, and now that that has passed, getting bonds issued, architects etc. I'll bug her in a few days.
GoodDog

Post by GoodDog »

:shakehead:

Bummer. I finally heard back from my parks director. There are strict guidelines set by the BG Park Board governing free or reduced rates for facilities. Michelle has no control over this, and unfortunately what I had envisioned would not fly. She did thank us for the idea and our willingness to help. Since the park is a partial wetland, and the ground never froze this winter, they will only be able to prepare about 1/3 of the area this spring. There are enough school, church, community volunteers to do that planting. So back to the drawing board on the Christmas location.

I was at the lodge building in Strawberry Acres, Holland, Oh. , last week. It is a very nice place and would suit us fine. If we have anyone who lives in Holland we can get a pretty good rate. I don't have the figures with me, but I think it was comparable with last years BG rate. When you are out and about caching this spring, check it out. It's on McCord Rd, just off Airport. Just past Wall Mart and over the tracks.