Important update - HNY 12 mi.

Discussion of Events

Moderator: Steering Committee

bapmancrew
Infrequent Poster (1 - 49 posts)

Important update - HNY 12 mi.

Post by bapmancrew »

IMPORTANT UPDATE: HNY 12 GC365BP

Today we were informed by the “Country Buffet” where the HNY 12 event is being held that there are some changes to our event program. These changes come about from changes in their corporate operation that just so happen as to take place effective 1-1-20012.

1) We will not be allowed to enter the facility before 10am. Originally they were going to let us in early to set up.

2) They will NOT be serving breakfast. They will have there dinner menu out. They will try to have some breakfast item but don’t count on it.

3) The cost of the Buffet will be $12.50 per person. This is a $4.50 per person increase over the breakfast menu.

4) No one not eating will be allowed in the restaurant.

The local facility has apologized but says it is out of their control. This situation is handed down from their head offices. With only a few days before the event it is way too late in the game for us to find a new venue and feel we must somehow make the best of it.

Glenn and I completely understand that the cost may now be excessive for many people and are currently trying to make arraignments to load units in the parking lot at approximately 12:15 for anyone who does not want to come inside the restaurant.

Please trust that we will do everything we can to make this enjoyable for all. There are 200 caches placed for the event and the weatherman is giving hope for some decent temps.

Please watch for any additional updates

Bapman Crew & Gsix5666
Bruce and Glenn
Mighty_Mo
Obsessed Lvl Poster (3k+ posts)

Re: Important update - HNY 12 mi.

Post by Mighty_Mo »

Sure would have been nice to get this info a couple weeks ago.
bapmancrew
Infrequent Poster (1 - 49 posts)

Post by bapmancrew »

We just got hit with this on Wednesday the 28th when the manager of the restaurant called. It was vary upsetting to get the news so late in the game. The manager was apologizing profusely but says the changes were out of her hands. With only 3 days left, it is too late to change venues.

We will be outside the restaurant at noon for anyone who does not want to go in and they will also get to sign the log book as well. We will still be able to help load units and provide thumb-drives and disk with the GPX files in the parking lot. Believe me when I say we won't be using this facility next year.

The weather man is currently saying 42 degrees with a slight chance of rain in the morning. If a weather man is to be believed.
Mighty_Mo

Post by Mighty_Mo »

Are any NWOGEO people heading up there?

bapmancrew, I understand your predicament and feel your pain.
rnw422
Frequent Poster (200 - 499 posts)

Post by rnw422 »

We were planning on heading up to the event but not sure now.
OCCD
Moderate Poster (50 - 99 posts)

Post by OCCD »

On, off, on again. My original plan was to spend the entire day and share a ride. Then my brother-in-law had to change our holiday get together to New Years Day. Then he moved it to late afternoon. So, I was able to grab breakfast and cache for a few hours before heading farther north.
I had a great time. I'd like to do it next year. And, I informed my family that's my plan.
Mighty_Mo

Post by Mighty_Mo »

I had planned to attend but with the lack of interest of NWOGEO people I decided to recuperate instead. Hopefully see ya next year.