Happy New Years 2012

Discussion of Events

Moderator: Steering Committee

bapmancrew
Infrequent Poster (1 - 49 posts)

Happy New Years 2012

Post by bapmancrew »

Once again Gsix5666 is hosting a New Years Day event in the Roseville, MI. area. That is about 1 hour north of Toledo. Near I-94. There is a new location this year as you will see on the cache page. GC365BP

There are already about 80 caches hidden for the event and expect that to grow to over 100. These caches are placed for the long term but will not publish until after the event. There is even a mini power trail of 33 caches. Pamphlets and maps will be available and we will be loading GPS units with GPX files so bring your unit cords with you. Thumb drives should be available too if you want to load a laptop.

I suggest pre-loading caches in the area before coming if you want to take advantage of the density of the caches already in the area. It is easy to get 8 cache types in a day here. And I can't forget there will be plenty of door prizes.

Last year we had cachers from Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Indiana and Canada.

Bapman Crew
Bapmancrew@gmail.com
Bruce
Mighty_Mo
Obsessed Lvl Poster (3k+ posts)

Re: Happy New Years 2012

Post by Mighty_Mo »

Hummm, Maybe I could MOsey up there for a 1/1 event
OnDHunt
Super Level Poster (1k - 1999 posts)

Post by OnDHunt »

I am going to be in Monclova running a 5k while I ring in the new year!!
I am an amazed cacher!
bapmancrew

Post by bapmancrew »

Hope you make it Mighty Mo. If you get here, make sure you intro yourself to me and we can talk DeLorme. I'd be happy to steer you towards some of the better caches in the area. It's looks like there are about 90 of the new caches hidden now, but if you haven't cached this area it is extremely cache dense.

Just do a search of the caches around the event site and you'll see what I mean. I have a friend in Kentucky that comes here for the sheer number of puzzles and another from Indiana comes here just to do number runs twice a year. My thing is Buchwhaking and have been able to find area's in the city that requires a bit of that. You name it , we got it. There is a group of cachers here named the "Midnight Riders". They are infamous for their challenging, interesting and difficult hides with vary unique containers and Multi's. Just reading the logs on many of their cache pages can be fun.
Mighty_Mo

Post by Mighty_Mo »

Are there any other takers for a New Years day event?
styx
Mega Poster (500 - 999 posts)

Post by styx »

Depending on the weather.... I'll have to check for certain with the boss. Will let you know.
I know I don't have the longest streak
........ but do I have the longest slump?
allenite
Mega Poster (500 - 999 posts)

Post by allenite »

I think this will be the first year I will have missed it. I will probably be back next year though.
TeamMina

Post by TeamMina »

The boss has never given us New Years off.
cachergirl27
Super Level Poster (1k - 1999 posts)

Post by cachergirl27 »

This seems like fun, I'll see if Scuba or PBZ would be interested! But then again, there is something to be said for sleeping in on New Year's Day! :)
bapmancrew

Post by bapmancrew »

UPDATE !!! It now looks like there will be over 150 new caches out for the event. Lots of opportunity for those FTF hunters and just plain running up some numbers. Though the best part is meeting other cachers. There are always cachers here happy to hookup with out-of-towners to help you get around.
bapmancrew

Post by bapmancrew »

Things are realy starting to come together for the event. Much of the printing has been done for the handouts and GPX files are almost complete. There will maps provided of most of the cache area which is a large area at that.

There will be caching for most everyone's styles and likes. At this point there are 201 caches total. 15 puzzles, 7 multi's, the event and the rest are Traditional. D-T very from 1-1 to 3 1/2 - 4. There is boundless opportunity for those FTF chasers.

Load up your cars and cache in groups. Make a day of enjoying good friends and caching. Starting with Breakfast.

Bring your Laptops. We will have a few thumb-drives and Gpx files on disks. But we well also be loading caches for you.

Please remember to bring the cords for your GPS.

There will quite a few door prizes. Donation appreciated.