Where can we have our Holiday Shindig?

Discussion of Events

Moderator: Steering Committee

cachergirl27
Super Level Poster (1k - 1999 posts)

Where can we have our Holiday Shindig?

Post by cachergirl27 »

We talked about this briefly at the meet & eat last night, but we are looking for a restaurant kind of place to hold the Shindig this year. Tony Packo's, Jed's and Cafe Marie's were ideas thrown out. What else? Does anyone know of any REASONABLE priced restaurant, that will let us take over their space on a Sunday afternoon, say 1-6? Ideas, suggestions & leads welcome!! :D
PBZ
Frequent Poster (200 - 499 posts)

Re: Where can we have our Holiday Shindig?

Post by PBZ »

I know Marie's in Perrysburg will rent out the restaurant starting at 3:00 when the close up for the day. We could try for Blue Pacific but I don't know if they would rent out or appreciate a bunch of people who show up and then never leave. (not that we have ever been known to close a restaurant hours after eating... :) )
styx
Mega Poster (500 - 999 posts)

Post by styx »

I thought that someone mentioned Jed's as well.
I know I don't have the longest streak
........ but do I have the longest slump?
cachergirl27

Post by cachergirl27 »

styx wrote:I thought that someone mentioned Jed's as well.
Thanks, Styx! I knew there was one more, but my brain wasn't cooperating. :)
GoodDog

Post by GoodDog »

Dyers Family Dining, BG. Just opened this summer, near Carter Park and the BG football stadium. The monthly special menu looks great, but I don't know if any resturant would want the potential of 75-100 people showing up at one time for dinner. Can you imagine the confusion and how long it would take to order let alone prepare that many meals? They do have a banquet room, seats up to 250 and the Sunday rental is $300. We could see what a meal would cost, but I'm sure it would be limited to a buffet, or a select number of meal options. I'll check it out if there is enough interest.
The regular resturant part has a senior price. 8) Maybe some of us could meet for a Sunday dinner to check it out.

Dyers Family Resturant, BG
yogi57

Post by yogi57 »

Sounds like an idea
Mighty_Mo
Obsessed Lvl Poster (3k+ posts)

Post by Mighty_Mo »

PBZ wrote:I know Marie's in Perrysburg will rent out the restaurant starting at 3:00 when the close up for the day.<snip>)
This sounds good that way we don't interfere with normal business.

The questions are:
3:00p till when????
Cost of rental?
I don't believe they to buffet so meal cost?
I assume they need an accurate list of attendees BEFORE the event. What about additional people?
SuchaNana

Post by SuchaNana »

i'll do devils advocate...is this an event or a local get together?
do we really need the restaurant food deal? way expensive before xmas for those with kidzzzzz...

isn't it about getting together & AMMO cans & holiday caching? or should this be two diff kinds of events - restaurant kind for ammo cans award ceremonies could be done in January.. leaving holiday event for the families - inexpensively done perhaps jus for geo Fun...

- 3pm would be way too late for out of towners (luvwahoo-redhatjudy-etc) to come to an EVENT -they've been in the past -
a snow date in case of blizzard might be a good idea...

restaurant with backroom/ optional food for whoever wants/ like FTF party ...................ok i think i've mused enough
SuchaNana...Life is STILL an Adventure...
yogi57

Post by yogi57 »

Otsego Stone Hall is available Dec 11th
cachergirl27

Post by cachergirl27 »

Looking into another option, too, where we can bring our own food. Will have some more details in the next week or so.
In response to Suchanana, I agree that going to a restaurant is an expense for everyone, families especially. That's why we've avoided this in the past. We are working on getting some options. Ideas are more than welcome, throw them out there!!!! :mrgreen:
Mighty_Mo

Post by Mighty_Mo »

yogi57 wrote:Otsego Stone Hall is available Dec 11th
Isn't that where it was last year? I believe Mike was liable for damages last year. We are trying to find somewhere that a person isn't liable for damages.
M0M0f5
Infrequent Poster (1 - 49 posts)

Post by M0M0f5 »

Have you checked any of the fire halls? A lot of the towns in the area rent the hall for a very reasonable price.
GizmoGuy411
Uber Level Poster (2k - 2999 posts)

Post by GizmoGuy411 »

SuchaNana wrote:.....

isn't it about getting together & AMMO cans & holiday caching? or should this be two diff kinds of events - restaurant kind for ammo cans award ceremonies could be done in January.. leaving holiday event for the families - inexpensively done perhaps jus for geo Fun...

- 3pm would be way too late for out of towners (luvwahoo-redhatjudy-etc) to come to an EVENT -they've been in the past -
a snow date in case of blizzard might be a good idea...

restaurant with backroom/ optional food for whoever wants/ like FTF party ...................ok i think i've mused enough
While finding a location at this date may be an issue now, the real issues are as follows:

A) Prior volunteers of such events are wore out.
B) No one wants to assume the liability that rental facilities generally require.
C) Prior volunteers of such events are wore out.
cachergirl27

Post by cachergirl27 »

I think some posts were lost in this forum. I had posted that the option I was looking into was not going to work and that the BG option sounded great. But that post is gone, so I'm reposting my vote!!!!
GizmoGuy411
Uber Level Poster (2k - 2999 posts)

Post by GizmoGuy411 »

This thread is closed as discussion regarding a location for the 2011 Shindig and other details are in another thread in the Events forums:

Link: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2910