A couple of Events in Athens, Ohio

Discussion of Events

Moderator: Steering Committee

cachergirl27
Super Level Poster (1k - 1999 posts)

A couple of Events in Athens, Ohio

Post by cachergirl27 »

IlliniTrekker e-mailed me with this info. If you have any questions about them, please contact him!

Fellow Cacher:
I want to make you aware of two upcoming events in Athens, Ohio that may be of interest:
* On Saturday, June 4, GeoJunkie and I will be hosting a Flash Mob event [GC2Q16F] titled "King for a Day" begining at 1:00pm on College Green at Ohio University.

* On June 17 and 18, I am pleased to announce the launch of two Athens County Geo-Trails (one accessible trail and one regular trail). The kickoff event [GC2VNF4] will be on Friday evening. Several new caches will be available prior to the event and local hosts will be leading interested cachers on three night cache experiences. Our trail caches will be published on Saturday morning. We have a beautiful geocoin for individuals/family groups that complete either trail.

Holiday Inn Express is the official geocaching motel in Athens. They are offering a discounted rate of $80/night to anyone visiting Athens to geocache (note: the rate is available any time). Be sure to ask for the geocaching rate (subject to room availability). Please help us promote these events within your geocaching sphere of influence. If you plan to attend, please help us with preparations by posting a Will Attend log. If you have any questions or need additional details, feel to contact me via my profile or the Athens County Convention & Visitors Bureau at (800) 878-9767.
User's Profile:http://coord.info/PR24E2T
T-Hunter

Re: A couple of Events in Athens, Ohio

Post by T-Hunter »

I got the same email. I am considering it.

If you aren't FTF, you're last to find.
WildWonz
Infrequent Poster (1 - 49 posts)

Post by WildWonz »

Tweety and I were thinking of heading down there this weekend. I am going to ask her if she can wait till the 17th.
TeamMina
Obsessed Lvl Poster (3k+ posts)

Post by TeamMina »

Sheryl's an O.U. grad, and would probably love to go to both.
cachergirl27

Post by cachergirl27 »

27Jack & I are loading up the car this afternoon & taking off for the event down in Athens. Anyone else going?