Boyscout Jamboree Volunteers Needed!

Discussion of Events

Moderator: Steering Committee

cachergirl27
Super Level Poster (1k - 1999 posts)

Boyscout Jamboree Volunteers Needed!

Post by cachergirl27 »

RNW422 is organizing a Boy Scout Jamboree in Lucky, Ohio on Saturday August 13 from 9a-3p. They are having representatives from several different outdoor hobbies present an overview of the hobby to the kids. He has asked NWOGEO to be present & give an overview of geocaching & bring some gpsr's for the kids to have hands on experience with. I know that this is the same day as the CITO for August, but there are some people who are not into picking up trash, and would be able to cover the morning hours until some of us CITO fans can get over there.
This is a call for volunteers! Rob was very positive about getting us into this. We will NOT be helping the kids fulfill any merit badge requirements, so we do not need to be qualified through the scouts to do this. Please post if you would be willing to help out with this. THANKS!
armygreenx
Regular Poster (100 - 199 posts)

Re: Boyscout Jamboree Volunteers Needed!

Post by armygreenx »

I will let Amanda know, she is great with kids and already took the first graders out to the metroparks for a geocaching field trip.
scuba
Frequent Poster (200 - 499 posts)

Post by scuba »

Hopefully I will be available for this. IT is to far in advance to know for sure. Just keep reminding us.
rnw422
Frequent Poster (200 - 499 posts)

Post by rnw422 »

Last edited by rnw422 on Mon 2012-05-07, 17:19:38, edited 1 time in total.
cachergirl27
Super Level Poster (1k - 1999 posts)

Post by cachergirl27 »

I wanted to bump this thread. This is on August 13 from 9a-5p. It is a GREAT opportunity to promote geocaching to families, and to the public in general. I really don't want to spend the whole day here for NWOGEO, so it would be AWESOME to have our members step up & help out. PLEASE post here if you can committ some time to this!!! The more people we have, the less time your shift will be! We just need to show up, bring our GPSr's. Maybe some swag & containers and such. Anyone can participate in this, there will be very little physical hiking (no 4 star terrains or anything!) and they are offering us free lunch. Thanks to all who volunteer!!!