Survivor IV

Discussion of Events

Moderator: Steering Committee

TheConman
Infrequent Poster (1 - 49 posts)

Survivor IV

Post by TheConman »

Not sure if anyone has any interest (I do wonder) but here is the post for our annual Survivor (IV) event. This year it will be on South Manitou Island in the middle of Lake Michigan. South Manitou is easier than North Manitou island which we have done in the past. North Manitou is a congressionally designated Wilderness area - South Manitou is not. Campfires are allow which are a big plus.

Check out our interview from Geocaching Podcast from last week. Todd and I had a really good time talking about it.

Another thought - Todd and I are bringing our kids (well, most of them) with us on the island. My oldest had a GREAT time. How many chances in life would you get to camp on an island in the middle of a huge lake? We swam during the day, at midnight, saw 4 fireworks shows going on at the same time in separate locations on the mainland, and saw two ship wrecks.

If you're even slightly interested put a watch on the cache page. Additionally, I am more than willing to chat voice with any of you if you have any questions about backpacking or something like this. I would love to see some new faces there!