Midwest Geobash 2009!! - July 23-26

Discussion of Events

Moderator: Steering Committee

TeamMina
Obsessed Lvl Poster (3k+ posts)

Re: Midwest Geobash 2009!!

Post by TeamMina »

We will be day tripping since we are only 3 miles away.
RustyNail09
Frequent Poster (200 - 499 posts)

Post by RustyNail09 »

I will most likely be daytrippin' it also, it's just a quick shot down the turnpike for me, or I can take the Autobahn of Fulton county known as Co.Rd. H
GeoFlint13
Mega Poster (500 - 999 posts)

Post by GeoFlint13 »

TeamMina wrote:We will be day tripping since we are only 3 miles away.
:idea: Is "Hotel TeamMina" taking boarders?
:lol: JUST KIDDING! :lol:
Mina would throw me out on my butt!
Good Luck & Happy Hunting!
rnw422

Post by rnw422 »

I was thinking the same thing Eric!
Mina's Bed & Breakfast?
That's got a ring to it!
GeoFlint13
Mega Poster (500 - 999 posts)

Post by GeoFlint13 »

I think TeamMina is ignoring us!
(understandably)
Good Luck & Happy Hunting!
TeamMina

Post by TeamMina »

Mr. TeamMina was too busy watching and celebrating the Wolverines beat Clemson to check in on reservations! !!

WOOT!!!
SmackyJ
Infrequent Poster (1 - 49 posts)

Post by SmackyJ »

I cannot wait for my first geobash! See you all there.
WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! :elephant
Micros Rule![url=http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?A=1963087:d0wmz9uf][img:d0wmz9uf]http://img.groundspeak.com/stats/img.aspx?txt=Insert+msg+here!&uid=4e3c0f46-7766-4c6a-a0dc-ced9884fc132[/img:d0wmz9uf][/url:d0wmz9uf]
rnw422

Post by rnw422 »

We are registered as day trippers right now but we might be camping if we get the pop-up back together. This winter took it's tolls on it.
-Eleanor-

Post by -Eleanor- »

MWGB 2009 has seemed so far away for so long, especially with GW7 "in the neighborhood" this year. It's hard to believe it's just over TWO MONTHS away! In a few short weeks, we'll be seeing many of you when you converge on Fulton County Fairgrounds in Wauseon, Ohio for this 5th annual event! So, while most of us are gearing up for GW7 and making plans for that, please take a moment to register for MWGB if it's in your plans this year :)

Registration is not required but is free and helps us plan. If you are coming, visit http://mwgb.org and please take a moment to register your party.

Swag! We have some great event swag, most of it designed by Mr. Chris Mackey including our Geocoin and trading pins. ALL proceeds from swag purchases are used for event costs. So not only do you get cool stuff, you support this and future MWGB events with your purchase. Geocoins are available at the event only making them instant "HTF" coins - plus they are really cool thanks to Chris! The trading pins, sponsored by OakCoins, are a favorite of past attendees. There are 6 different pins to collect! Pick up a trade pack in pre-sale or in limited quantities at the store during the event. Don't miss out on the fun of pin trading at MWGB - a great way to meet folks. If you are coming and want swag, please place a will-call order. We order a *very limited* number of extra swag items for sale at the event, they are usually sold out by Friday afternoon.

CALL FOR SHIRT VENDORS: We are sending our design out for quotes from various shirt vendors and invite anyone to submit themselves, a friend, or a business you have used in the past for shirts. Please send an email to info@mwgb.org with the title "Shirt Vendor" and we will add that vendor to our contact list. Community referrals mean a lot!

Our event schedule is posted on the website. The schedule is updated periodically - if you haven't checked it out lately, it's worth a peek!

A record-breaking 152 campsites are already reserved! (previous record: 96) If you haven't booked yet, take a minute - it'll be more fun than ever!

SPONSOR PROFILE - PATHTAGS.COM
If you are coming to MWGB 2009, you will see and receive one of our familiar name tag lanyards. These are really nice lanyards! They include a name badge holder, a free Pathtag and a coupon for a discount at Pathtags.com! It's made possible by the generous support of Pathtags.com. Pathtags are cool and affordable trade swag, similar to Geocoins. Minted in solid metal and colored with enamel coloring (like Geocoins!) these interactive trade items can be collected and traded at Pathtags.com. See who you have crossed paths with - when your tag is logged at Pathtags.com you can see where on an interactive map. Collect and trade tags from the over 3700 designs available to collect and with people all over the world. Want your own custom MWGB trade item? Get an order in ASAP for delivery at MWGB! $99 + S/H includes your setup and the first 50 tags in silver plating, additional tags or re-orders are about $1 each after that. Check them out today:
http://www.pathtags.com
SmackyJ
Infrequent Poster (1 - 49 posts)

Re: Midwest Geobash 2009!! - July 23-26

Post by SmackyJ »

Looks like what rnw422 said about trying to get the ol' pop up back together came true. See you guys there. :elephant
Micros Rule![url=http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?A=1963087:d0wmz9uf][img:d0wmz9uf]http://img.groundspeak.com/stats/img.aspx?txt=Insert+msg+here!&uid=4e3c0f46-7766-4c6a-a0dc-ced9884fc132[/img:d0wmz9uf][/url:d0wmz9uf]
rnw422

Post by rnw422 »

Our crew is registered at 58-2. Lookin' forward to it!
-Eleanor-

Post by -Eleanor- »

TODAY IS THE SWAG CUTOFF
You have officially entered the last minute zone! At least as far as swag is concerned... Today is THE LAST DAY to get in on our excellent event swag. Believe me when I say you don't want to miss out on this ultra cool stuff, especially the trading pins. If you buy nothing else, pick up trader pins - they are excellent fun and a great way to meet people at the event. A trader pack has 6 pins, all alike. The full set is 6 pins, all different. Your goal will be to scour the event looking for other pin traders who you can trade with to complete your set. It's a lot of fun, and if you stop to chat a bit with every person you trade with - it's an excellent way to meet folks.

DON'T FORGET TO PAY FOR STUFF
Just selecting stuff isn't enough to reserve it for will call, you need to pay for it too! ;) Don't forget to do this!

**COFFEE FREAKS - WE NEED YOUR HELP!**
So... the other day we do a schedule run-through and we all realize how daunting the Coffee and Donuts social may be each morning. Donuts are no problem... you pick 'em up and put them out. But Coffee... how do you make coffee for a crowd like this? We've explored lots of options, but if you have ideas and/or equipment (and probably most importantly equipment...) please email us at info@mwgb.org with your input.

BTW - Friday and Saturday starts off with a free coffee and donuts social at the Junior Fair Building at 8am! If you can help us avoid getting up at 4am to put the brew on... that would rock :)

**SCHEDULE ADDITIONS**
When we update the site for the swag cutoff, we'll be adding a few things. First, we have two great new supporters as sponsors. Thank you to Hog Wild Stuff and Trimble Outdoors for their support of MWGB! AND, we're STILL working on great new activities.

Thanks to The Pittsburgh Area Geocaching Association for running an ammo can activity for the kids on Friday! Supervised kids under 12 are welcome to participate in this FREE activity and help paint one of 15-20 ammo cans! The cans will then be donated, as decorated, to the silent auction and can be bid on to take home! Parents - stop by the vendor area and visit The Pittsburgh Area Geocaching Association at their table for more ammo cans, Groundspeak Merchandise, and more!

Keep checking the schedule. As much planning as goes into this, last minute additions and changes always happen. Stop by http://mwgb.org and check the schedule frequently leading up to the event!

GEOCOIN POKER CHALLENGE TOURNAMENT REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
Visit the General Discussion forums at http://mwgb.org to register for the Geocoin Poker Tour. You could win a 120 geocoin pot and a 200 coin custom poker chip set!

CAMPING RESERVATION CUTOFF & REGISTRATION CUTOFF
We're going to cut off camping reservations and registration about *July* 15, a month after the swag cutoff. If you miss either of these cutoffs, don't sweat - we have oodles of camping and "just" registration is optional. If you need camping still, just show up and sign into an empty site with an IOU. Pay your IOU at the event store. Camping is standard rate + $15 for at-the-door booking, so sign up today and save $15!

REGISTRATION PROGRESS
Registration is free, takes only a moment, and helps us with planning. 970 people have registered so far and 194 campsites have been reserved. Register today at http://mwgb.org to put us over the 1000 (or 1500) mark!
Mighty_Mo

Post by Mighty_Mo »

I just realized I will be in central Ohio at a car show that weekend. I might make it for Friday but not sure
GizmoGuy411
Uber Level Poster (2k - 2999 posts)

Post by GizmoGuy411 »

Hope to be there late on the 24th or early the 25th at least, since it is going to be a 4000 mile trek back to the GeoBash for me!
yogi57
Super Level Poster (1k - 1999 posts)

Post by yogi57 »

GizmoGuy411 wrote:Hope to be there late on the 24th or early the 25th at least, since it is going to be a 4000 mile trek back to the GeoBash for me!
Hope to see you on the 25th