NWOGEO Re-organizational Meeting #2

Discussion of Events

Moderator: Steering Committee

NWOGEO
NWOGEO

NWOGEO Re-organizational Meeting #2

Post by NWOGEO »

WHAT:
NWOGEO Re-organizational Meeting #2, to answer the question, of "How should NWOGEO proceed in the future?"

Please read the posts here before attending: http://nwogeo.org/Forums/viewtopic/t=1545.html

WHO:
Anyone with constructive ideas for the future growth of our local organization.
(Please post a reply here if you plan on attending.)

"jslagle" has offered to moderate.

WHEN:
Wednesday, Tuesday, June 10th, 2008
6:30 PM

WHERE:
Perrysburg, OH

If you would like to attend, please reply to this post. Due to limited space the exact address of the meeting location will be sent to you.
[hr]

"RP - Reorganiizational Particpant" forums have been added to NWOGEO.org for the participants of these re-organizational meetings to further discuss their thoughts at the meetings in a moderated format. When you attend the meeting, please remind us to add access to these forums for you. Once refined, information from these forums will be posted in the public forums.

EVERYONE is ALWAYS invited to share their thoughts in the public forums. If you can not attend a meeting, then by all means, please contribute your thoughts.
Last edited by NWOGEO on Thu 2008-09-11, 15:16:23, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?A=122994:29dr6fa5][img:29dr6fa5]http://img.groundspeak.com/stats/img.aspx?txt=Click+here+to+view+my+stats!&uid=88d9c197-a8e4-4df3-8248-c83a45c0d158&bg=1[/img:29dr6fa5][/url:29dr6fa5]
Mighty_Mo
Obsessed Lvl Poster (3k+ posts)

Re: Welcome to the re-organizational forums

Post by Mighty_Mo »

In case I didn't reply that I would be attending, my current plans are to attend the re-org meeting
GizmoGuy411
Uber Level Poster (2k - 2999 posts)

Re: NWOGEO Re-organizational Meeting #2

Post by GizmoGuy411 »

I plan on attending.
Stumpy75
Super Level Poster (1k - 1999 posts)

Post by Stumpy75 »

I'll be there.
OnDHunt

Post by OnDHunt »

Count me in.
I am an amazed cacher!
cheechgang

Post by cheechgang »

yes
Proud to be
Streak, GeoArt, Power Trail, and Lab Cache free
TheBearclaws

Post by TheBearclaws »

Planning to attend
Cachemeister
Regular Poster (100 - 199 posts)

Post by Cachemeister »

A quote from NWOGEO above:
“Special forums have been added to NWOGEO.org for the participants of these re-organizational meetings. When you attend the meeting, please remind us to add access to these forums for you.�

I have been following the different threads on this and related topics here at the site with interest. I have even offered my two cents in regards to some, where I felt it appropriate, but it was the above quote that really stuck in my craw.

Maybe the intent wasn’t there, but this is how it translates to me:
If you don’t attend the meeting, you will not be privy to any information on the topic. None will be shared and you will be excluded from “our special group�.

Is this what NWOGEO is really about? If the meetings are really open to all members, why are there secret special forums? I can understand “private� forums for the Steering Committee to share information on planning events and such, but keeping members in the dark as to the ideas and potential directions for the organization is somewhat mindboggling.

I had all intentions of attending the first meeting, but my schedule just didn’t cooperate.
I have experienced a very similar situation while I was a member of the Glass City Waterski Club – of which I was a board member. Some of these “lessons learned� may have been able to transfer to NWOGEO.

Coincidently, I cannot make the second meeting; therefore, I will now be classified as an outcast because of such.
Currently, I cannot give 100% to the organization. I’m sure that there are many members that can hit a Meet –n- Eat or some other type of gathering once in a while, but not each and every event. Should this type of member be classified as those who really don’t care about the future of the organization?

As my retirement days come closer to reality, I had hoped to be more active and do more to support the organization – and come to know members a little better. I had hoped that NWOGEO would still be around for me later – but now I wonder if I will be around for NWOGEO later.

I’m willing to bet there are many members who would like to do more – be involved more, but personal constraints limits their activity level. Things change and someday they may have that disposable time.

I hope there will still be a place in this organization for them – now, and in the future.
Cachemeister
Regular Poster (100 - 199 posts)

Post by Cachemeister »

Post post.

The above was not intended as an “I hate you all�.
It was more along the lines of a “vented dialogue�.
I hope you can interpret it as such.
cheechgang

Post by cheechgang »

Cachemeister wrote:As my retirement days come closer to reality, I had hoped to be more active and do more to support the organization – and come to know members a little better.
Solution to problem: retire now. :D
Proud to be
GizmoGuy411

Post by GizmoGuy411 »

While unfortunate for you and NWOGEO alike, Cheech's solution may not be viable for you at the moment, nevertheless please continue to contribute, even if it can not be 100%!

Since I was the one who originally composed the Event posting above, I have to take blame for the original wording.

For now, I have edited the Event posting above to help clarify the existence of the "Re-organizational Participant Forums" a bit, and try to put any concerns about "secret forums" to ease.

Just so everyone knows, I have also personally replied to Cachemeister at much greater length than anyone would want to read here!
jimbobwe
Frequent Poster (200 - 499 posts)

Post by jimbobwe »

Hey isn't wednesday the 11th????Pretty sure considering it's my daughters B-day.....
[url=http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?A=451190:13md21ta][img:13md21ta]http://img.groundspeak.com/stats/img.aspx?txt=LAST+of+the+Old+Skewl+Painters!&uid=dd47e1d9-c2c1-4f37-aa81-7de8c491521a&bg=1[/img:13md21ta][/url:13md21ta]
cheechgang

Post by cheechgang »

Good catch Jimbo, now when is it Tuesday or Wednesday??? I guess I'll go check the minutes from the last meeting. :twisted:
Proud to be
TheBearclaws

Post by TheBearclaws »

The missing minutes turned into hours and finally turned into a day.
GizmoGuy411

Post by GizmoGuy411 »

cheechgang wrote:Good catch Jimbo, now when is it Tuesday or Wednesday??? :twisted:
Whoops! TheBearclaws was negligent in his proof reading duties and did not catch the "Wednesday" error! The meeting is
TUESDAY June 10th !!