Seeya there tonight.

SNACKS!!!
Proud to be
Streak, GeoArt, Power Trail, and Lab Cache free
GoodDog
Super Level Poster (1k - 1999 posts)

Re: Moonlight at the Oaks! GC163P3

Post by GoodDog »

After some initial confusion on gps coordinates, we had a good time at O. O. What a great night to be stomping around in the woods. Did you know that trails are hard to follow in the dark and when they are covered with leaves. Go figure.
cheechgang
Obsessed Lvl Poster (3k+ posts)

Post by cheechgang »

Everybody made it back to camp safe and sound without getting too lost. Nice event.
Proud to be
Streak, GeoArt, Power Trail, and Lab Cache free
Mrs.GoodDog
Infrequent Poster (1 - 49 posts)

Post by Mrs.GoodDog »

The weather was wonderful and a nice group....many folks that I've ever met before. Even the dogs settled down and had a good time. Little Moose was just too cute for words.
TeamMina

Post by TeamMina »

It was our first event, and after really struggling with the second cache we went after, I think we did pretty well. We'd never cached at night before, but I agree the leaffall made keeping on the paths quite tricky. The way everyone showed up at the endpoint kinda reminded me of "The Amazing Race". Like Phil Koegan was gonna be there saying "TeamMina, you are the 4th team to arrive!".

The only disappointment was that we didn't really get to meet anyone. When we arrived, there was immediate confusion with the coordinates and left us & others scrambling to learn somethng new on our GPSs. Then the final stage was so dark you couldn't see anyone.
I think I could recognize a couple of people who's names we heard often, and Sheryl thinks she figured out who one family is.

Still had lots of fun tho! :P
Last edited by TeamMina on Mon 2007-11-05, 23:49:59, edited 1 time in total.
BlackBrownDog

Post by BlackBrownDog »

Come to a meet and eat...This Tuesday! We'll all be well lit. There were several people that I didn't know were there until I saw their logs. John helped get the coords back around, then we cached, and it was the raffle and then we were hungry. We walked by Barnacle Bear, and he didn't even know who it was until about 2 minutes later when we heard the half hibernating creature mumble that was BBD!