CITO 2017 Weekend

Discussion of Events

Moderator: Steering Committee

AngelusCowl
Infrequent Poster (1 - 49 posts)

CITO 2017 Weekend

Post by AngelusCowl »

The CITO Weekend is confirmed for September 23-October 1. Is there anyone that typically hosts one for the CITO weekend, or would it be worthwhile looking to publish one?
SuchaNana
Obsessed Lvl Poster (3k+ posts)

Re: CITO 2017 Weekend

Post by SuchaNana »

our nwogeo last scheduled cito event is oct 3rd cuz it's the weekend before annual apple butter festival...
sooo...iffen anyone wants to host a cito @ their fav park/ :snake: nature area/or any area in need of cleanup, then plz do...
8) (this could be your chance to have kidzzz and/or pets on a cito...)
SuchaNana...Life is STILL an Adventure...
Stumpy75
Super Level Poster (1k - 1999 posts)

Post by Stumpy75 »

October 3rd is a Tuesday. The festival is on October 8th this year, which would put the NWOGEO CITO the weekend before, on Saturday, September 30th.

The NWOGEO CITO is listed in the events as Oct 7th, which is the day before the festival. ????

http://www.applebutterfest.org/
cheechgang

Post by cheechgang »

I was led to believe there would be no math.
Proud to be
Streak, GeoArt, Power Trail, and Lab Cache free
AngelusCowl

Post by AngelusCowl »

While the last GR CITO's date is getting debated, I'll reach out to a couple cities about doing a CITO that first weekend.
SuchaNana

Post by SuchaNana »

oops,mea culpa... shucks 'n golly geez - CITO 'tis 7th oct - day before GR AB festival...thanks chris for your eagle eyes...
musta been a solar flare that messed up my memory-to-fingers controls... :oops:
Stumpy75
Super Level Poster (1k - 1999 posts)

Post by Stumpy75 »

SuchaNana wrote: musta been a solar flare that messed up my memory-to-fingers controls... :oops:
Either that or some really bright lipstick!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
AngelusCowl

Post by AngelusCowl »

Update: I've contacted multiple cities about doing a CITO, none have gotten back to me. Looking less and less likely I'll be able to get one going.

Is there any reason we don't set the last GR CITO for that weekend, generally speaking?
SuchaNana

Post by SuchaNana »

geez golly, for the umpteenth time, nwogeo tradition is to do the last cito the sat before the festival...
the date was set with our members and odot way long before gc.com finally got around to picking out the cito special dates....

besides that, many nwogeo members wanted a cito not out in grand rapids, and had been asking for one where kidzzz and pets would be allowed..... sooo, this was a perfect opportunity for those vocal members to step up and do this cito - but it looks like it has been all talk and no action on all their parts... i posted this also on our facebook nwogeo group page long ago, so it's not as if we didn't bring it up in many places...

whew... now i need to refresh mylipstick...
AngelusCowl

Post by AngelusCowl »

I mean, tradition alone isn't necessarily a reason to set a date if there's a good reason to move it for another benefit, such as a souvenir, unless there's additional details on the current date choice I'm missing. As a tangential question, is it difficult to change the date we're working with odot, as long as we haven't published the event on our end? I'm legitimately curious if it's a difficult thing to change, not being snarky.

As for another CITO, I was able to get one active, but only after contacting several cities and finally getting one that called me back.

https://coord.info/GC7CAAJ
SuchaNana

Post by SuchaNana »

congrats eric on getting mccomb to reply.... and thanks for stepping up to do the souvenir cito...

btw - our events calendar for the year was set up by Feb 2, 2017, and at that time, gc.com had announced Sept 17-25 for the probable cito weekend... that was two weeks too soon for us to dispense with tradition - it wasn't until this summer that gc.com set the october 1st deadline...
not one of the nwogeo members, until you, had said a word about it being a problem...

today i saw the debate being posted on facebook and i began to wonder - so why does our community of cachers not bother coming here to
our nwogeo internet site to voice their concerns, opinions, etc until a couple of weeks before the CITO events?

wearing Cito Cherry lipstick, i see that NWOGEO has now two opportunities this fall to cleanup our caching playground...