Caching Friends

Topics of interest to NWOGEO as a group.

Moderator: Steering Committee

hammbh
Moderate Poster (50 - 99 posts)

Caching Friends

Post by hammbh »

I've noticed that the change of weather is starting to bring everyone out about more. I know that many of us know each other in the NWOGEO group and thought it might be cool to see if people would want to team up from time to time and go caching together. (I apologize if this there is already a thread like this! I didn't see anything when I looked.) Perhaps anyone looking for a cache buddy or just someone to cache with on a nice day could post on here. I feel it's better to share responsibilities of driving and navigating as well as split the cost of gas!!

Anyway, I have cabin fever like crazy and try to go out every chance I get to pick up at least a few caches. I wanted to see if other cachers around the area would like to possibly join me on occasion or let me tag along on their adventure. I'm an online student and teach only two days a week, so my schedule is typically pretty flexible! I can usually take off a day or two (if I'm lucky) per week to go out caching. I am usually available on Tue and Thu-Sun. Aside from Bowling Green, I need caches in pretty much every area!

Sadly, none of my friends in BG are into caching, so I figured I'd reach out to my NWOGEO friends. E-mail my geocaching address, hammbh@gmail.com, if you ever want a partner in crime or have extra room for me to tag along! :mrgreen:

UPDATE: I wanted to see if perhaps trying a public calendar would be more effective rather than having to use strictly the forum. A group calendar would be cool to have anyway! Also, is there any way I can embed this in the post? Using the iframe tag did not work. :/

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?hl= ... utput=html
Last edited by hammbh on Sun 2011-03-27, 16:31:20, edited 1 time in total.
yogi57
Super Level Poster (1k - 1999 posts)

Re: Caching Friends

Post by yogi57 »

I think this is a good topic to start. I got a group of guys that we go out at least once a year caching together. I miss the last one because I decided to spend a week in the hospital. I know as the weather warms up I will be heading west to do some of the in Putnam, Paulding Van Wert and Defiance countries.
armygreenx
Regular Poster (100 - 199 posts)

Post by armygreenx »

I am always looking to not be caching alone if i can help it. I generally cache Tuesdays and Thursdays by myself from 3pm until 7pm. I am based up in Lambertville, MI right across the border from Toledo. For group caching I am also able to sift through both parties found caches in GSAK and get a cache route with new finds for all cachers involved.
Last edited by armygreenx on Wed 2011-03-30, 14:47:33, edited 1 time in total.
hammbh

Post by hammbh »

armygreenx wrote:I am always looking to not be caching alone if i can help it. I generally cache Tuesdays and Thursdays by myself from 3pm until 7pm. I am based up in Lambertville, MI wright across the border from Toledo. For group caching I am also able to sift through both parties found caches in GSAK and get a cache route with new finds for all cachers involved.
I wish GSAK was Macintosh compatible; that sounds like a handy tool to use when caching with others! I too am normally free on Tuesdays and Thursdays. It would be cool if we could get a small group together and possibly do a weekly/monthly cache trip on one of those days.
McCombRef
Frequent Poster (200 - 499 posts)

Post by McCombRef »

I work the crazy Cooper Tire schedule and have many different days off. If anyone wants to go during the week just drop me a line. This week I am off Wednesday and Thursday.
hammbh

Post by hammbh »

I'm going to the Waffle Stompers Breakfast in Wauseon on Saturday (http://coord.info/GC2PXW1). I wanted to get a group together to cache afterward if anyone is interested.
armygreenx
Regular Poster (100 - 199 posts)

Post by armygreenx »

You can install Boot Camp which is free from Apple that will allow you to install the Windows OS on your Macintosh computer so you can run Windows only software. I have never used it before because, like GSAK is not compatible with Mac, I am not compatible with Macs either. Someone else may be able to assist you further. But for now google "Download Boot Camp for Macintosh" or something to that effect.
WildWonz
Infrequent Poster (1 - 49 posts)

Post by WildWonz »

I have been caching with armygreenx, mdwalsh19, Keystoned and RonC. It is always nice to cache with someone and probably safer. When I had the chance to ride along with T-Hunter and Mighty-Mo to cache Belle Isle I was very happy. Armygreenx and Amanda also went and the five of us had a great time. Everyone was group caching that day and having a blast. But then there are those early morning days when you are on that trail all by yourself and you just take in the beauty of it all. You can look around and take in all of the sights and sounds and just be at peace. So I think for me at least, I need to mix it up a little. Go with some friends and then save some for myself. So if someone calls me I go if I can and if I don't get a call I go by myself.
scuba
Frequent Poster (200 - 499 posts)

Post by scuba »

I think I am going caching after the waffle stomper also. It will either be up in Michigan around Adrian maybe some of the unzipped series and more. Or down around Defiance. Anybody want to go along and share the cost of gas is welcome. Let me know, where you would like to go.
styx
Mega Poster (500 - 999 posts)

Post by styx »

I'm planning on showing up towards the end of breakfast with my dog Pax to do a group trail hunt. Hope to see a number of people there.
I know I don't have the longest streak
........ but do I have the longest slump?
gsmom59

Post by gsmom59 »

I'm available most weekends and evenings and haven't cached much towards Bowling Green. When we cache, we usually limit it to a max of 10 or so but we'd be happy to hook up with you somewhere to cache! :) The rain pretty much squashed my hopes for caching today.
HiJeffinition

Post by HiJeffinition »

I'm always up for group caching. Let me know when and where.
Flash_Burn

Post by Flash_Burn »

the wife and me are up on lake erie and we are planning on doing some more caching around the area of sandusky if anyone wants to join us...
thelittlereddress

Post by thelittlereddress »

Anyone in the Ottawa County area wants to get together for a day of geocacheing let me know. Have a great 4th Happy Birthday USA! :)
Blacklic

Post by Blacklic »

i'd love to head home (sandusky area) to do some caching. I'd also like a tour of some of the hot spot here int he area to get my feet a bit wet. If anyone is heading out i'm mostly free all summer!