Steering Committee Meeting

Topics of interest to NWOGEO as a group.

Moderator: Steering Committee

BlackBrownDog
Obsessed Lvl Poster (3k+ posts)

Steering Committee Meeting

Post by BlackBrownDog »

A steering committee meeting is occuring SOON!

Anything you wish us to discuss?
SuchaNana

Re: Steering Committee Meeting

Post by SuchaNana »

could we do meet n eats at those far flung points of our
territory?

this was the question i had - if NWOGEO only does maumee and then bowling green twice a year and that's set in stone? yes is what i'm gleaning
from the sorta answers...

so to do a meet n greet in the far flung areas, it's up to individuals to sponsor an event? how many member must attend for it to be considered an event?
can temporary caches be set up for these m&e events?
Last edited by SuchaNana on Wed 2010-07-21, 22:34:27, edited 1 time in total.
SuchaNana...Life is STILL an Adventure...
yogi57
Super Level Poster (1k - 1999 posts)

Post by yogi57 »

SuchaNana wrote:
territory?

or perhaps a sponsored event in those areas?
What areas do you have in mind? We have one in Findlay that have a few regulars and one time guests.
We done a couple in Defiance.
At one time Lima didn't show an interest in having one. Might be different now.
I think there was one or two in Van Wert. I think people in that area travel to Sindey or to Indiana for events.
Last edited by yogi57 on Fri 2010-07-16, 17:35:56, edited 1 time in total.
TeamMina

Post by TeamMina »

T-Hunter told us he had heard from individuals in Lima about putting on something like an event.
Keger8
Frequent Poster (200 - 499 posts)

Post by Keger8 »

yogi57 wrote:
SuchaNana wrote:
territory?

I think there was one or two in Van Wert. I think people in that area travel to Sindey or to Indiana for events.
Thunder76 and I have been thinking about putting one on, but we arent sure about attendance. I know we would at least 7 or 8 just from Van Wert show up, and maybe the lone cacher in Convoy (firestone? firebird? something like that) and most likely a few you guys up north would come so im guessing 15-20 area?
KEGER8
TeamMina

Post by TeamMina »

Well this certainly sounds like a topic for the next meeting :)
If you have one, be sure to place it somewhere near a few caches, since there's a good chance some of us hadn't found them.
yogi57
Super Level Poster (1k - 1999 posts)

Post by yogi57 »

Keger8 wrote:
yogi57 wrote:
SuchaNana wrote:
territory?

I think there was one or two in Van Wert. I think people in that area travel to Sidney or to Indiana for events.
Thunder76 and I have been thinking about putting one on, but we aren't sure about attendance. I know we would at least 7 or 8 just from Van Wert show up, and maybe the lone cacher in Convoy (firestone? firebird? something like that) and most likely a few you guys up north would come so im guessing 15-20 area?
If you guys want to do a M&E you're more than welcome to do it. You need to decide what day of the week you want to have it on. Maumee's M&E is on the 1st Tuesday of the month and Findlay's is on the 3rd Thursday.
GeoFlint13
Mega Poster (500 - 999 posts)

Post by GeoFlint13 »

Keger8 wrote:
yogi57 wrote:
SuchaNana wrote:
territory?

Thunder76 and I have been thinking about putting one on, but we arent sure about attendance. I know we would at least 7 or 8 just from Van Wert show up, and maybe the lone cacher in Convoy (firestone? firebird? something like that) and most likely a few you guys up north would come so im guessing 15-20 area?

Trust me, you will probably have a better turn out on the weekend as long as you plan it far enough ahead.
Good Luck & Happy Hunting!
rnw422
Frequent Poster (200 - 499 posts)

Post by rnw422 »

Give enough notice on the event and they will come! New caches in the area is always an incentive and make it on a weekend around lunch time so before & after event caching can be done. Just my opinion!!!!!!!!!!!
SuchaNana

Post by SuchaNana »

SuchaNana wrote:could we do meet n eats at those far flung points of our
territory?

this was the question i had - if NWOGEO only does maumee and then bowling green twice a year and that's set in stone? yes is what i'm gleaning

so to do a meet n greet in the far flung areas, it's up to individuals to sponsor an event? how many member must attend for it to be considered an event?
SuchaNana

Post by SuchaNana »

methinks i fall prey to the quick, hit the button malady...
thanks to all for your patience answering my questions...

i try reading old posts to find these answers, but sometimes they are elusive...
Mighty_Mo

Post by Mighty_Mo »

SuchaNana wrote:
territory?

Actually Findlay has a M&E every month also.

As for other M&E or other events? I believe the answer is, (IF I AM WRONG SOMEONE PLEASE CORRECT ME)

If you want to host and event, let's call it "Suchacookout" Event in your back yard and place some temporary caches around your yard, I believe you create a cache page with you as the owner and submit it to Keystone. Any one that attends can log it as "Attended". I believe there aren't ant rules requireing a number of people for it to be considered an event. You can provide the hot dogs and pop or ot could be BYO-Eats. NWOGEO doesn't need to be involved. Good Dog is holding an event on August 14th.

On the other hand if NWOGEO posts the event it adds some creditability to the event.

Does this somewhat answer your question?
SuchaNana

Post by SuchaNana »

mostly sorta answers it - guess i was curious about staging one in those far flung corners...
but y'all got me to thinking on the right track...thanks bunches...
TeamMina

Post by TeamMina »

But why be credible, when you can be...wait for it...INCREDIBLE!
GizmoGuy411
Uber Level Poster (2k - 2999 posts)

Post by GizmoGuy411 »

Mighty_Mo wrote:
SuchaNana wrote:
territory?

Actually Findlay has a M&E every month also.

As for other M&E or other events? I believe the answer is, (IF I AM WRONG SOMEONE PLEASE CORRECT ME)

If you want to host and event, let's call it "Suchacookout" Event in your back yard and place some temporary caches around your yard, I believe you create a cache page with you as the owner and submit it to Keystone. Any one that attends can log it as "Attended". I believe there aren't ant rules requireing a number of people for it to be considered an event. You can provide the hot dogs and pop or ot could be BYO-Eats. NWOGEO doesn't need to be involved. Good Dog is holding an event on August 14th.

On the other hand if NWOGEO posts the event it adds some creditability to the event.

Does this somewhat answer your question?
And of course, even if an event is not an "offical" NWOGEO Event, we still will hightlight it here in our "Events" Forums, and when I see an event posted, I try to elevate to an "Annoucement" in the Forums, until the Events is over.