A Pic from a Geo-trip

A place for those misc Geocaching related discussions that do not have their own topic.
(Please use the Off-Topic forurm if the discussion is not Geocaching related.)

Moderator: Steering Committee

mongooz
Infrequent Poster (1 - 49 posts)

A Pic from a Geo-trip

Post by mongooz »

Just sharing one of the pictures I took while on a camping trip last October in the Allegheny National Forest, with a friend who had never been there before (I go there all the time). This is one of my favorite places, for obvious reason. This is the Tionesta Creek, between Kelletville and the Tionesta Lake.
Hope all enjoy this picture.
Mongooz
mongooz

Re: A Pic from a Geo-trip

Post by mongooz »

they also have a huge (well pretty big) winter festival in the A.N.F. and one of the central gathering places is Marienville, Pa, on S.R. 66. they have lots and lots of snowmobile trails to run in the winter, and they have night runs, and all kinds of stuff.
GizmoGuy411
Uber Level Poster (2k - 2999 posts)

Post by GizmoGuy411 »

Great pic! What are the coordinates? :)
mongooz

Post by mongooz »

I have no idea about the coordinates....I didnt have my gps with me when I took the pic....it was up in the car......it's a 400 foot climb down to the creek....not vertical, only about a 40 degree climb....but your hanging on to small trees and such getting up and down....never thought to get coord's......lots of people fish for trout here, but that's in the spring, in the fall...no one's around. I'll try to remember to save it as a waypoint when I get back up there this summer.

here's another from up on top of the mountain. same trip.
Isotelus
Frequent Poster (200 - 499 posts)

Post by Isotelus »

How bout downsizing these photos so we can see them in an all at once view. They look like they could be great looking photos.
mongooz

Post by mongooz »

sorry...i dont know how to downsize them....i agree they're too big....but i dont have a program to change the size....or i just dont know the way to do it.....if you have some info on how to make them smaller...i'll try it.
yogi57
Super Level Poster (1k - 1999 posts)

Post by yogi57 »

I downsize them for you and if like them just delete the old ones
mongooz

Post by mongooz »

how do i delete the big ones? and how did you downsize them? is there an option when i upload a pic to choose a size or something?
yogi57

Post by yogi57 »

I'm moderator, and I can edit any post. What I did is save the picture and adjust the picture size in Paint. To edit your own post, in your post there is a edit button. Click it and delete the old picture.
GizmoGuy411
Uber Level Poster (2k - 2999 posts)

Post by GizmoGuy411 »

I turned on the Photo Gallery to test it out. I uploaded the first pic from Mongoose to see if the auto-resizing works. It looks like it does a good job.

Take a look at the gallery and test it if you like. Don't put too much there yet, as we need to discuss it's use with Jason before we make it permanent.

We would use the Photo Gallery for pics we want to keep around vs pics in the forum which would be those of a more temporary nature, or something topic related.

There is an advertisement at the end bottom of the main page of the gallery that I do not know how to make un-sticky yet. There may also be other reasons that Jason did not make the module active.
Isotelus
Frequent Poster (200 - 499 posts)

Post by Isotelus »

The pics look a lot better.
mongooz

Post by mongooz »

Yogi....how did you change the pic size in Paint? I see, under "image/attributes" that the pic size can be changed, but when i do that, half the pic disappears. I'd like to know how your doing this, so i can do it to the rest of my pics, so they will fit here.
thanx
mongooz
yogi57

Post by yogi57 »

mongooz wrote:Yogi....how did you change the pic size in Paint? I see, under "image/attributes" that the pic size can be changed, but when i do that, half the pic disappears. I'd like to know how your doing this, so i can do it to the rest of my pics, so they will fit here.
thanx
mongooz
You're close it's image/ Stretch/Skew. Then change %
mongooz

Post by mongooz »

ok yogi, thanx. i dont know what percent you used to edit my other pics, but i'm gonna give it a try here.
here are two more pics from that same trip. the first is of an old hunting cabin, elevated no less, and it has a deck all the way around and is coverd by the roof. it is no longer used, and has a plaque affixed to it explaining who and how and everything else. the second pic is from up inside the cabin, looking down and the spot where the first pic was taken, looking up the trail.
hope all enjoy.
mongooz