Cache Page Revisions

A place for those misc Geocaching related discussions that do not have their own topic.
(Please use the Off-Topic forurm if the discussion is not Geocaching related.)

Moderator: Steering Committee

SuchaNana
Obsessed Lvl Poster (3k+ posts)

Cache Page Revisions

Post by SuchaNana »

recently i've been bombarded with website changes making them more viewable via smart phones... that got me to rethinking my own gc.com
cache page set-ups...
one of the first things i'm doing is making the applicable warnings first in the short descriptions - such as NO Night Caching
for my cemetery caches... at least this way, some of the newbies will get the warnings before they read about the cache itself (hoping so) :roll:

during this process, i've discovered the link for Spirit Quest* NO LONGER WORKS & won't be, according to jslagle, as the original content is
not available ... time to remove this link from my cemetery cache pages... *(SQ -those caches by NWOGEO members to identify cemetery caches)

are any other cachers experiencing challenges to cache page changes?

for now, editing all of my cache pages will be my ongoing winter/downtime project...
SuchaNana...Life is STILL an Adventure...
jslagle
Ninja Rabbit

Re: Cache Page Revisions

Post by jslagle »

If someone wants to create content, we can host it on the site here. It was lost after we migrated to PHPBB and the machine hosting the old site had an unrecoverable drive failure.

That URL hasn't worked in many years - I'm not sure why people were still using it.
--
Jason Slagle
Official geek of nwogeo :D
SuchaNana
Obsessed Lvl Poster (3k+ posts)

Re: Cache Page Revisions

Post by SuchaNana »

thanks jason for the update... unfortunately, i added that link years ago when it did work and am ashamed to admit that i didn't pay too much attention :oops:
to my cache page over the years... oh well. i needed another geocaching-related goal anyhooo... :wink:
SuchaNana...Life is STILL an Adventure...