Mighty Mo's Caches

A place for those misc Geocaching related discussions that do not have their own topic.
(Please use the Off-Topic forurm if the discussion is not Geocaching related.)

Moderator: Steering Committee

Starkacher
Moderate Poster (50 - 99 posts)

Mighty Mo's Caches

Post by Starkacher »

Some of you may know that Mighty Mo's GC2RFCA - T-Track Too has likely been missing for quite some time and now has a Needs Maintenance log. Keystone just put out a Reviewer Note on it (see below). I believe some of his caches were adopted out after his passing (or at least are being maintained), but I am not sure. This one is obviously not one of them. Does anyone know the details about his families wishes (or have his GC account PW). The Reviewer Note on T-Track Too: "If anyone is aware of arrangements made for the care or adoption of Mighty Mo's caches, please contact me or write to Geocaching HQ via the Help Center. Instructions from family members would be followed.
Otherwise, as this terrific CO's caches begin to go missing, they will need to be archived.
Regards,
Keystone
Geocaching.com Community Volunteer Reviewer
Handyman-N-Fam
Obsessed Lvl Poster (3k+ posts)

Re: Mighty Mo's Caches

Post by Handyman-N-Fam »

If you look at Mighty Mo's profile under the "Geocaches" tab, you will see that the total owned caches is 22. You will also notice that there are only 8 caches still listed as owned. That is because cheech gang adopted the majority of MM's caches.
Cheech will need to chime in, but there were reasons (such as permit issues) that he didn't adopt them all. I would imagine if you could contact a family member, the remainder could still be adopted out.
I know that there were a couple cachers who Mighty Mo was pretty close to that might still have contact info. I also know that Mo's son in law cached for a period too. His player name was JokerCM. I would try to start with him.
cheechgang
Obsessed Lvl Poster (3k+ posts)

Re: Mighty Mo's Caches

Post by cheechgang »

I only adopted those that I was comfortable with due to the issues mentioned. I do not have contact info.
Proud to be
Streak, GeoArt, Power Trail, and Lab Cache free