Geocaching Gas

A place for those misc Geocaching related discussions that do not have their own topic.
(Please use the Off-Topic forurm if the discussion is not Geocaching related.)

Moderator: Steering Committee

SuchaNana
Obsessed Lvl Poster (3k+ posts)

Geocaching Gas

Post by SuchaNana »

gas to fuel Daisy Dakota for geocaching trips is included in my meager monthly budget...depending on those elusive nuances of the oil pricing cartel, some months we can't make as many trips...blessed recently, we are soooo happy :clap: :penguin: :clap: to be heading to geobash week with prices inching closer to $3.00/gallon !!...

nevertheless, Babs1 forwarded an email today alerting me to still check at the pump the price i should be paying for - time to share...

Here is how to check a pump to see if you are getting the right amount:
Whichever grade you are using, put EXACTLY 1 (one) GALLON in your tank, then look at the dollar amount.
If the dollar amount is not EXACTLY the price of the fuel PRICE ADVERTISED, then the pumps are rigged.
Likewise, if your printed receipt amounts don't jibe, go inside the store, asked for a calculator and let them do the math.
when in doubt, Contact the state Agriculture Department, and direct your comments to the Commissioner, the info is on the gas pumps.
SuchaNana...Life is STILL an Adventure...
cheechgang

Re: Geocaching Gas

Post by cheechgang »

Does this only apply to geocaching gas?
Proud to be
Streak, GeoArt, Power Trail, and Lab Cache free
Handyman-N-Fam

Post by Handyman-N-Fam »

Around here, the pumps have the info for the County Auditor.
At the Circle K in town they have 3 grades of gas. If you look closely you can see two small meters that measure the number of gallons of that grade pumped through the pump. Yep, 3 grades of gas coming from 2 underground tanks... :bat:
PBZ
Frequent Poster (200 - 499 posts)

Post by PBZ »

SuchaNana wrote:with prices inching closer to $3.00/gallon !!...
The first rule of gas prices is to never, ever, talk about them and their perceived lowness in relation to their LAST high point. They will hear you and jump. Kinda like they did yesterday...
tolbuck
Infrequent Poster (1 - 49 posts)

Post by tolbuck »

Handyman-N-Fam wrote:Around here, the pumps have the info for the County Auditor.
At the Circle K in town they have 3 grades of gas. If you look closely you can see two small meters that measure the number of gallons of that grade pumped through the pump. Yep, 3 grades of gas coming from 2 underground tanks... :bat:

My sister used to date a guy who delivered gas for a living. I heard some secrets, like a lot of times what is supposed to be 93 octane is really 87.
cheechgang

Post by cheechgang »

tolbuck wrote:
Handyman-N-Fam wrote:Around here, the pumps have the info for the County Auditor.

My sister used to date a guy who delivered gas for a living. I heard some secrets, like a lot of times what is supposed to be 93 octane is really 87.
Sometimes my wife thinks I deliver gas for a living. I don't think I know your sister.
Proud to be
Streak, GeoArt, Power Trail, and Lab Cache free