MightyMo's Passing

A place for those misc Geocaching related discussions that do not have their own topic.
(Please use the Off-Topic forurm if the discussion is not Geocaching related.)

Moderator: Steering Committee

cachergirl27
Super Level Poster (1k - 1999 posts)

Re: MightyMo's Passing

Post by cachergirl27 »

Just a quick update, NWOGEO did send a planter with a stepping stone in it to Ric's viewing. I couldn't figure out how to get a gift certificate for a tree delivered. Any thoughts on whether we should talk to the MetroParks about getting a tree planted in his memory somewhere?
TeamMina
Obsessed Lvl Poster (3k+ posts)

Post by TeamMina »

cachergirl27 wrote:Just a quick update, NWOGEO did send a planter with a stepping stone in it to Ric's viewing. I couldn't figure out how to get a gift certificate for a tree delivered. Any thoughts on whether we should talk to the MetroParks about getting a tree planted in his memory somewhere?
I think all of us would be easily behind this idea.
GoodDog

Post by GoodDog »

I will miss Rick a lot. Was there ever an event he didn't attend? He was a trooper and a great guy to know. I think a MOmorial tree someplace would be an excellent idea.
allenite
Mega Poster (500 - 999 posts)

Post by allenite »

cachergirl27 wrote:Just a quick update, NWOGEO did send a planter with a stepping stone in it to Ric's viewing. I couldn't figure out how to get a gift certificate for a tree delivered. Any thoughts on whether we should talk to the MetroParks about getting a tree planted in his memory somewhere?
I would support this
SuchaNana

Post by SuchaNana »

MOnumental idea !!...
SuchaNana...Life is STILL an Adventure...
SuchaNana

Post by SuchaNana »

whew - snow blower dudes just unblocked my door and walker, but i'm not wandering around town just yet...sending my condolences and
prayers to Ric's family as today will be a rough one, with tomorrow yet to come...

methinks a meMOrial cache in Ric's honor would be a great idea - perhaps Barnacle Bear, Cheech, Swoop - heck ALL of us could collaborate on ideas -
have a drawing to see who gets to do the hide...
see what happens when i get snowed in and the ideas run rampant...i can just hear Ric chiding me to s-l-o-w down...RIP Mighty_Mo
SuchaNana...Life is STILL an Adventure...
GrizzFlyer
Frequent Poster (200 - 499 posts)

Post by GrizzFlyer »

The memorial tree sounds nice. I've seen a bunch of nice benches with memorial plaques around the trails in Oak Openings, anybody know the deal on those?

Of course, all this would have to be with the family's blessing.
Geocaching.com Charter Member
NWOGEO Charter Member

1babs
Infrequent Poster (1 - 49 posts)

Post by 1babs »

So sad to hear of the loss of Mighty-Mo! He will be missed... I always enjoyed chatting w/ him and his caching tales....
I believe he was at EVERY event I attended! I know he found an amazing number of caches.... I've a long way to go...
Snow finally got plowed today-- so I'm no longer snowed-in! Sorry, I couldn't attend the visitation... know I send prayers.

I like both of the ideas, a MO-morial tree AND a very special geocache, maybe w/ some JEEP flair about it for Mo.
1babs
Papa2All
Infrequent Poster (1 - 49 posts)

Post by Papa2All »

Sorry to hear of Rick's passing. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. I remember one spring Dolphin Lady and I was doing one of the trails on bikes and ran into him, on one of the crossroads as he was doing some maintenance, we talked for over an hour about Geocaching and life in general and when we left I told Dolphin Lady that showed our Geocaching friends were like having another family.
T-Hunter

Post by T-Hunter »

I attended the funeral today with Team Maltese. It was a sad event but at least he is no longer in pain and struggling to breathe. Cheech was there and delivered a wonderful message to the Family and rest of the friends. He is going to be missed but all the great memories will always be there. If it hadn't been for geocaching I wouldn't have ever met such a great guy. One more reason I love this hobby.

If you aren't FTF, you're last to find.