Puzzle help

A place for those misc Geocaching related discussions that do not have their own topic.
(Please use the Off-Topic forurm if the discussion is not Geocaching related.)

Moderator: Steering Committee

Waggy6
Infrequent Poster (1 - 49 posts)

Puzzle help

Post by Waggy6 »

I''ve just started to try some puzzles. this one I keep thinking I have good coords but they aren't right. Obviously he has built it the throw you off the real solution. I want to figure out the answer but still, does anyone at least have a clue for me? Tried variation of number of letters in the names and address numbers, no luck. http://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC2E ... our-number
SuchaNana
Obsessed Lvl Poster (3k+ posts)

Re: Puzzle help

Post by SuchaNana »

myself and puzzles/blue squigglies are rarely found in the same sentence...advice for what it's worth -contact the cache owner for suggestions....she'll help ya....

or come to our next meet and greet, bring with you that or other problem caches you have and there are usually plenty of cachers there to help you - sharing works great...
SuchaNana...Life is STILL an Adventure...
Starkacher
Moderate Poster (50 - 99 posts)

Post by Starkacher »

SuchaNana is correct. Ask the owner for a hint, or attend the Meet and Eat. In fact, this very Cache was one that I and a couple of other cachers worked on during the October 1 Meet and Eat. We eliminated a few red herrings but did not solve it. However, we saw another possible solution but did not have time to do it. I just followed through on that solution and got the checker to say YES. However, based on the last two logs, it looks like I will need to wait for the cache to be replaced to get it. Prior to working on this one, I was given hints on about 6 other puzzle caches that I had (or was about to) put on my ignore list. There are a few that no one around us knew how to solve either (ex. Many by OnD'Hunt).
Waggy6
Infrequent Poster (1 - 49 posts)

Post by Waggy6 »

now that tuesdays are less hectic there is a better chance that I can make it. I have this one figured out. It was a good one, lots of red herrings. I'll bring a couple of ond'hunt's puzzles, his harder ones have me stumped but I got some of his.