Free John Grisham geocoin

A place for those misc Geocaching related discussions that do not have their own topic.
(Please use the Off-Topic forurm if the discussion is not Geocaching related.)

Moderator: Steering Committee

KeystoneGC
Moderate Poster (50 - 99 posts)

Re: Free John Grisham geocoin

Post by KeystoneGC »

I got a "postage due" notice in my mailbox for a package sent by Doubleday (Grisham's publisher). Now I need to decide whether to be late for work so I can bail my coin out of postal jail.

Great marketing job, there, Doubleday. Promise a free coin and then make the recipient visit the post office to pay for it. :x
SuchaNana
Obsessed Lvl Poster (3k+ posts)

Post by SuchaNana »

KeystoneGC wrote:I got a "postage due" notice in my mailbox for a package sent by Doubleday (Grisham's publisher). Now I need to decide whether to be late for work so I can bail my coin out of postal jail.

Great marketing job, there, Doubleday. Promise a free coin and then make the recipient visit the post office to pay for it. :x
i agree :roll: ...thanks keystone for the end-of-the night- chuckle... :lol:
SuchaNana...Life is STILL an Adventure...
Team_Maltese
Frequent Poster (200 - 499 posts)

Post by Team_Maltese »

TeamMina wrote:Anyone get their geocoin yet?

If you do, post up!
There is one placed in a new cache in Indiana. I met with the cache owner during my 3 hour DNF excursion and he would not offer any clues, hints or insights about his yet-to-be-found 4.5d cache, but it was good to chat with him nonetheless.
He said the Grishams are not actually coins, and they started arriving on Friday and Saturday amongst his sphere of caching buddies, but he didn't mention any issues with postage due notices from the post office.
As for the 3 hour DNF - it was about a 2 hour drive one way and there is no night caching, so it wasn't really a DNF since I wasn't giving up by choice...the daylight ran out before I found it :D
woof-woof from geo-pups Zoe and Daisy
Handyman-N-Fam

Post by Handyman-N-Fam »

KeystoneGC wrote:I got a "postage due" notice in my mailbox for a package sent by Doubleday (Grisham's publisher). Now I need to decide whether to be late for work so I can bail my coin out of postal jail.

There's another wonderful thing about small town living...
The last time I got a postage due notice, it was written on the package and the package was delivered. The mail carrier knew we would drop the postage in the box for the next day.
For the record, for each "coin" we received, postage paid to mail the package was $1.10.
TeamMina

Post by TeamMina »

I couldn't be prouder of Mrs. TM! She muggled a Grisholm coin herself from a cache somewhere in South Carolina.

Well, the owner hasn't dropped it in the cache yet, but until she officially grabs it, it's technically Muggled!

So darn proud!
Team_Maltese
Frequent Poster (200 - 499 posts)

Post by Team_Maltese »

TeamMina wrote:I couldn't be prouder of Mrs. TM! She muggled a Grisholm coin herself from a cache somewhere in South Carolina.

Well, the owner hasn't dropped it in the cache yet, but until she officially grabs it, it's technically Muggled!

So darn proud!
Great job :D
woof-woof from geo-pups Zoe and Daisy
TeamMina

Post by TeamMina »

Here's the Racketeer link to the one Sheryl's nabbed.
Short contest timeframe, only until December 15th.

We need to get it to PBZ though...if he asks, we'll tell him why:

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details ... 8df0af39e2
cheechgang

Post by cheechgang »

My coins are being held hostage.

Entering photos into the contest requires Facebook, so cheech won't be participating in that facet.

Free John Grisham
Proud to be
Streak, GeoArt, Power Trail, and Lab Cache free
TeamMina

Post by TeamMina »

Guessing that by now, our coins were ordered too late to get.
KeystoneGC

Post by KeystoneGC »

Handyman-N-Fam wrote:

There's another wonderful thing about small town living...
The last time I got a postage due notice, it was written on the package and the package was delivered. The mail carrier knew we would drop the postage in the box for the next day.
For the record, for each "coin" we received, postage paid to mail the package was $1.10.
I "freed John Grisham" by going to the post office and paying the 85 cents postage due as a ransom. The envelope had $1.10 in postage. I pointed out to the desk clerk that others reported receiving their envelopes with the same postage, no problem. "Yes, but this was sent in a bubble wrap package, which means postage is charged at the rate for parcels, not letters. Other post offices may let that slide, but here we are very careful about that." I replied, "well thanks so much for your careful attention to detail."

I will release said ransomed coin into a local cache this weekend so that Facebook users can have fun and win fabulous prizes.

Now don't any of you DARE put a facebook link on your cache listings -- that is strictly against Geocaching.com guidelines. Don't make Keystone go all postal on you.
T-Hunter
Super Level Poster (1k - 1999 posts)

Post by T-Hunter »

LMAO @.................................................. :up:

If you aren't FTF, you're last to find.
TeamMina

Post by TeamMina »

To anyone who hasn't had Keystone go postal on them...uh...just don't make him do it.
TeamMina

Post by TeamMina »

The John Grisholm geocoin we picked up down South has been placed!
Go and get it...it shouldn't be too hard of mystery to solve it location.
Attachments
quimps.JPG
quimps.JPG (72.93 KiB) Viewed 17654 times
OCCD

Re: Re: Free John Grisham geocoin

Post by OCCD »

TeamMina wrote:The John Grisholm geocoin we picked up down South has been placed!
Go and get it...it shouldn't be too hard of mystery to solve it location.
I had an unfair advantage in solving this mystery, but it didn't last long enough to grab. However, I may be able to get a glimpse of it Tuesday night.
cheechgang

Post by cheechgang »

It looks like I'm not going to be able to directly affect his freedom. All I can do is this:
free.jpg
free.jpg (35.55 KiB) Viewed 17554 times
Proud to be
Streak, GeoArt, Power Trail, and Lab Cache free