Hancock County Parks

A place for those misc Geocaching related discussions that do not have their own topic.
(Please use the Off-Topic forurm if the discussion is not Geocaching related.)

Moderator: Steering Committee

majkmricker
Infrequent Poster (1 - 49 posts)

Hancock County Parks

Post by majkmricker »

I emailed the Hancock county parks dept. about a new cache I wanted to place, and they gave me some interesting news:

Hi Matt,
Thank you for checking with us on this topic. We have been reviewing our present rules and regulations regarding geocaching in the parks, with updates to be announced shortly. In the future, all caches will require a permit be filled out (one page form) at the office before any cache is placed. This has been done at other park districts in Ohio and works well.

So it looks like we will have to start filling out permits down in hancock county too.
cheechgang
Obsessed Lvl Poster (3k+ posts)

Re: Hancock County Parks

Post by cheechgang »

The local volunteer coordinator who has been working all along with the Hancock County Park system is our own Yogi57, a founding father of NWOGEO. I would imagine he has been contacted by them regarding their proposed "permit" system. I put a lot of faith in his ability to make valuable input.
Proud to be
Streak, GeoArt, Power Trail, and Lab Cache free
Mighty_Mo
Obsessed Lvl Poster (3k+ posts)

Re: Hancock County Parks

Post by Mighty_Mo »

Humm, I wonder what means for caches we place for the Spring Fling. We pretty well saturate the park, if the comeup with a 1 cache per cacher rule like Metro Parks. That pretty well eliminates what has been a big hit the last couple of events.