NEW CACHE SIZES ??

A place for those misc Geocaching related discussions that do not have their own topic.
(Please use the Off-Topic forurm if the discussion is not Geocaching related.)

Moderator: Steering Committee

SuchaNana
Obsessed Lvl Poster (3k+ posts)

NEW CACHE SIZES ??

Post by SuchaNana »

Hidden in a vault outside Paris, vacuum-sealed under three bell jars, sits a palm-sized metal cylinder known as the International Prototype Kilogram, or “Le Grand K.” Forged in 1879 from an alloy of platinum and iridium, it was hailed as the “perfect” kilogram—the gold standard by which other kilograms would be judged.

geez...now "they" say it's losing weight and is not perfect anymore.... :?

Read the full text here: http://www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/archiv ... z20UlriWl3
omigosh...what standard does geocaching.com use to determine cache sizes? does this mean micros will be the new smalls? :roll: (oooh i can hear those groans now )
when i cache in Maryland and Virginia their smalls are bison tubes ! lol...does that mean they're ahead of their time?...
WILL WE HAVE NEW CACHE SIZES and/or will the old size choices be grandfathered in by Groundspeak? :wink: whatcha all think?
SuchaNana...Life is STILL an Adventure...
Handyman-N-Fam
Obsessed Lvl Poster (3k+ posts)

Re: NEW CACHE SIZES ??

Post by Handyman-N-Fam »

I did notice that for a brief time cache size "Regular" became cache size "Medium". It looks like they are back to "Regular" now. I wonder why the switch and why switch back?
allenite
Mega Poster (500 - 999 posts)

Re: NEW CACHE SIZES ??

Post by allenite »

SuchaNana wrote:geez...now "they" say it's losing weight and is not perfect anymore.... :?

Read the full text here: http://www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/archiv ... z20UlriWl3
omigosh...what standard does geocaching.com use to determine cache sizes? does this mean micros will be the new smalls? :roll: (oooh i can hear those groans now )
when i cache in Maryland and Virginia their smalls are bison tubes ! lol...does that mean they're ahead of their time?...
WILL WE HAVE NEW CACHE SIZES and/or will the old size choices be grandfathered in by Groundspeak? :wink: whatcha all think?
I've also noticed the pill bottle / bison tubes listed as small when traveling. Hopefully they will implement that nano size at some point, so they might readjust. I figure that in the country, portion size is always bigger. As a result, I have had many urban cachers complain that my smalls are actually regulars....of course there are those two "micros" I have as well. I try to follow the matchstick holder, pb jar, ammo can, 5 gal bucket as my guidelines.
Handyman-N-Fam wrote:I did notice that for a brief time cache size "Regular" became cache size "Medium". It looks like they are back to "Regular" now. I wonder why the switch and why switch back?
I noticed that change to medium. I hadn't looked to see that it had switched back.