Jackson MI

A place for those misc Geocaching related discussions that do not have their own topic.
(Please use the Off-Topic forurm if the discussion is not Geocaching related.)

Moderator: Steering Committee

yogi57
Super Level Poster (1k - 1999 posts)

Jackson MI

Post by yogi57 »

I'm heading north for a few days for work in Jackson. Is there any must do caches there? I'm not sure how must time I will get to do any caching.
allenite
Mega Poster (500 - 999 posts)

Re: Jackson MI

Post by allenite »

I haven't done many of the "newer" caches in Jackson, but these are fairly good.

Any of the cache with GeoKeys in the name are creative containers
GC2T59Q - Home for a Troll-Reborn : Fairly quick multi in Ella Sharp.
Team_Maltese
Frequent Poster (200 - 499 posts)

Post by Team_Maltese »

GC2RWC3 Wrong Turn Cache, placed as a locator to easily find the place where it is at. If you find it you will understand :-)
There are bunches of blue squigglies, which we typically avoid, so we don't know much about them.
There is the Falling Waters Trail, but it is not nearly as full as the WCT of NW Ohio, and actually looks like some of the caches might be missing.
And, as Allenite suggested, the Ella Sharp area has a few caches and is worth stopping by.
woof-woof from geo-pups Zoe and Daisy
allenite

Post by allenite »

A lot of the hiking/biking areas in Jackson are in transition at the moment. beenhere archived a bunch with plans to replace them. He hasn't been up to it though unfortunately.
OCCD
Moderate Poster (50 - 99 posts)

Post by OCCD »

I only have a few finds in the area. There's a quick virtual at Ella Sharp Museum. And, a mystery called Your Own Birthday Cache (GC8584). It's a different type of cache, plus its nearly 10 years old.
Mighty_Mo
Obsessed Lvl Poster (3k+ posts)

Post by Mighty_Mo »

allenite wrote:A lot of the hiking/biking areas in Jackson are in transition at the moment. beenhere archived a bunch with plans to replace them. He hasn't been up to it though unfortunately.
Sorry to hear that beenhere under the weather. Hope it's very temporary. He had about 50 caches on that 10 mile stretch of the Falling Waters trail. That's a bunch to maintain.
allenite

Post by allenite »

Mighty_Mo wrote:
allenite wrote:A lot of the hiking/biking areas in Jackson are in transition at the moment. beenhere archived a bunch with plans to replace them. He hasn't been up to it though unfortunately.
Sorry to hear that beenhere under the weather. Hope it's very temporary. He had about 50 caches on that 10 mile stretch of the Falling Waters trail. That's a bunch to maintain.
Sounded like it would be a couple months last I talked to him. It sounds like the replacements on the Falling Water Trail would load up the trail to near capacity. Also replacing the caches in Dahlem.