GPS Adventures Exhibit

A place for those misc Geocaching related discussions that do not have their own topic.
(Please use the Off-Topic forurm if the discussion is not Geocaching related.)

Moderator: Steering Committee

Handyman-N-Fam
Obsessed Lvl Poster (3k+ posts)

GPS Adventures Exhibit

Post by Handyman-N-Fam »

The GPS Adventures Exhibit will be in Dayton, from May 26 thru Sept 3. Is anyone planning on going?
We will probably make a day trip out of it this summer.

Has anyone ever been to one of the mazes? What should we expect?
allenite
Mega Poster (500 - 999 posts)

Re: GPS Adventures Exhibit

Post by allenite »

I will likely get down at some point if for no other reason than to add to my icon set and collect a few more counties down that way.
SuchaNana

Post by SuchaNana »

prob going to stop on way to/from geowoodstock X...
SuchaNana...Life is STILL an Adventure...
GrizzFlyer
Frequent Poster (200 - 499 posts)

Post by GrizzFlyer »

I'll probably hit it for the same reason as Allenite. Plus, it should be somewhat interesting. Some other caches nearby too. Too bad it isn't there a week earlier, I'll be in Dayton for 2 days then for the HamVention.
Geocaching.com Charter Member
NWOGEO Charter Member

TeamMina

Post by TeamMina »

Can't imagine we'd miss it.
cachergirl27
Super Level Poster (1k - 1999 posts)

Post by cachergirl27 »

If anyone is interested in volunteering to work the maze, contact RedHatJudyH or BoydFamily down in Dayton. Apparently, they're looking for cachers to help run the maze. According to Judy, if you volunteer so many times you get to keep your nametag. I know it's a 3 hour drive, but if you're going to make a weekend out of it.....
I'll go & hopefully get to take my nieces.
Team_Maltese
Frequent Poster (200 - 499 posts)

Post by Team_Maltese »

We made a quick run south last August and logged it in Nashville as our 900th find :-)
I made a quick run through the maze while the puppies explored outside with Mrs Team Maltese. It was fun, but there were quite a few people in the maze and I was in a bit of a hurry and I also don't recall seeing any cachers with name tags. When I took the card back to the front desk they provided me with coords to a few unofficial caches on the grounds that couldn't be logged online. They had preloaded GPSr units available as well (deposit required). A GPSr is not required for the indoor maze portion.
If anyone makes the trip to the Dayton location, be sure to check out GC3BBK0 - Zoe & Daisy visit Dayton :-)
Also, our nemesis - GC3B78P - Under the Trees III: The Not So Big Gnarly Dude. There are 72 DNFs since 1-22-2012 and the FTF is still unclaimed! And a few of those DNFs belong to us, and at least one is from JenOvations.
woof-woof from geo-pups Zoe and Daisy