KeenPeople.com Traveler Tags

A place for those misc Geocaching related discussions that do not have their own topic.
(Please use the Off-Topic forurm if the discussion is not Geocaching related.)

Moderator: Steering Committee

Hydnckr
Site Admin
Site Admin

KeenPeople.com Traveler Tags

Post by Hydnckr »

I know many of you have already discovered http://www.keenpeople.com which is an alternative website promoting geocaching. (alternative meaning it's not affiliated with geocaching.com) They have a site where you can keep track of your statistics in case you cache in other sites besides gc.com, plus they have articles and downloads and other good stuff.

Anyway, they have introduced a new sister site called http://www.travelertags.com which is akin to travel bugs.

It allows you to create, in essence, your own travel bug (but it's called a traveler tag) without purchasing a $5 piece of metal from gc.com. Right now you can go to the site, register (even if you have registered at keenpeople you need to register again at travelertags.com) then as an introductory promotion right now they are offering everyone 5 free tags. Now the word "tags" is slightly misleading, because what they are really doing is assigning 5 travel tag numbers to your account. So it's up to you to create your own paper/plastic tag to attach to an item.....so it's concept is just like travel bugs, you put it in a cache, then someone takes it out and goes to the travelertags.com site to log it as found and then they drop it in another cache.

OK, I think I explained that well enough now here's a copy of some info from the website:

Traveler tags is the answer for regional organizations and individuals who have created their own geocaching travelers, geocoins, etc. and want a place to log them! Traveler Tags are great for signature items too! Once you have created a login and password you can begin logging and creating your own Traveler Tags!

Hide 5 Get 1 Free
We have created our own trackable wooden nickel with the GPS Hiker on it to celebrate the start of Travelertags.com. We expect these to arrive in about 2 weeks. That's not a lot of time so you better get started today.

Travelertags.com right now offers 5 free tags. You make your own tag, stick it on something and place it into a cache. If between NOW and when we receive our new tags (about 2 weeks) you place 5 tags of your own out there into Geocaches we will send you a free Travelertags wooden nickel which is also trackable.

Not good enough? In addition, we'll also give you 5 free system tags (to make more of your own) to replace the ones you used with the contest!

So, you go ahead and place 5 tags of your own out in the wild in the next two weeks and you get 5 free tags and you also get a Travelertags wooden nickel free.

One more thing, after you send your 5 travelers into the wild, you need to email freetags@Travelertags.com and send us the 5 tag numbers you sent into the wild. Also include your mailing address so we can send you the free traveler. Travelers must be placed into GEOCACHES or be traveling caches. Cache pages (Geocaching.com/Navicache, etc) must have an entry on them where you visited and deposited the tag. We'll be checking!

This is limit one per person, per household, per account. Meaning, you only get one, no "teams" no spouses, just one. Let's be fair here! Questions about the contest can be sent to freetags@Travelertags.com All decisions on if you qualify are ours and our decision is final! Be fair and we'll treat you fair!
I'm giving it a try, you might want to as well. :D
Ranger510
Infrequent Poster (1 - 49 posts)

Travel Tags

Post by Ranger510 »

Signed up. Got my free tags. Will give it a try. Thanks for the heads up :lol: