help locating an archived cache

A place for those misc Geocaching related discussions that do not have their own topic.
(Please use the Off-Topic forurm if the discussion is not Geocaching related.)

Moderator: Steering Committee

Handyman-N-Fam
Obsessed Lvl Poster (3k+ posts)

Re: help locating an archived cache

Post by Handyman-N-Fam »

So Mina, was it just an older version of the same cache that needed removed?
TeamMina
Obsessed Lvl Poster (3k+ posts)

Post by TeamMina »

We found the container, and removed from location. Looks like one we received once as an FTF prize in a skrip cache once.
We're pretty sure we know what happened, and if skrip or corixid had come across it, would know too.

It was a cache that was placed, and then forgotten.

About three years ago a couple of Lenawee cachers went into Lyons OH and hid some caches, alternating ownership.
And it appears this one got lost in the mix.

They must've signed the FTF logs on each other's caches, as when we went out at the crack of dawn, the FTFs were all claimed.
We found out after getting back home skrip must've been just behind us too (and once again, missed meeting him entirely).

Nonetheless, this cache was the one that got away.
Attachments
cache.JPG
cache.JPG (97.61 KiB) Viewed 3955 times
IdaLabs
Infrequent Poster (1 - 49 posts)

Post by IdaLabs »

Wow, I thought the mystery had gotten even deeper. (I haven't checked here since late last week.) We went out Sunday to find it again. I wanted to check the log that I had signed to see if I could figure it out, and look for the new cache. I didn't even pay much attention to the log when I signed it - we were so caught up in trying to dry the cache out and clean it up (black moldy stuff - yuck!). I found the new cache right away this time, but couldn't find the one I had signed! No wonder :) I forgot to mention that it had an unactivated TB in it.

Thanks for figuring out the mystery. :clap: