kinda dissapointing...

A place for those misc Geocaching related discussions that do not have their own topic.
(Please use the Off-Topic forurm if the discussion is not Geocaching related.)

Moderator: Steering Committee

armygreenx
Regular Poster (100 - 199 posts)

kinda dissapointing...

Post by armygreenx »

Anyone frequent web sites for Central Ohio Geocachers? I am wondering if there is a different one because the one i found has the latest posts being from March of this year and the front page talks about 2009 events. I know there is a strong group of cachers down there but I am wondering where they organize stuff. :(
SuchaNana
Obsessed Lvl Poster (3k+ posts)

Re: kinda dissapointing...

Post by SuchaNana »

dunno for sure - perhaps Yogi57 knows...or Gooddog...
i know SE -MIGO is like that too - emailed their contact person for info...

you might try SWOGO - i get their events stuff regularly...
SuchaNana...Life is STILL an Adventure...
LimaD&H
Infrequent Poster (1 - 49 posts)

Post by LimaD&H »

I've been there too. I don't think it's being maintained. This is the only group with an active web presence that I could find reasonably close to us.
[hr]
Dave
Wife: Helen
Using iPhone 4 with Groundspeak Geocaching app.
cachergirl27
Super Level Poster (1k - 1999 posts)

Post by cachergirl27 »

Are you hopping on NCOG, or something closer to Columbus? I thought the NCOG site was being maintained. There ya go, Jeff, good opportunity to shine! :D Show 'em how it's done!
yogi57
Super Level Poster (1k - 1999 posts)

Post by yogi57 »

Ben was running a site when he was living in Columbus (COG). After he got married they moved to Indiana (I think FT Wayne) and I think he left the site go.
armygreenx

Post by armygreenx »

Ah gotcha. I emailed one of the active members and they said they have 3 events or more a month and they communicate by attending the events. They don't really use a forum. I am looking forward to the tree climbing event on September 3rd. I will need to learn how to climb trees to get a lot of the caches in the central Ohio area.
2trux
Moderate Poster (50 - 99 posts)

Post by 2trux »

The situation is unfortunate. You might remember us (wife and I) from last year's Geobash or SN's event in Cleveland.

I live in Columbus, yet visit nwogeo, geochums, and Central Ontario Geocacher's regularly.

As far as the Central Ontario Geocacher's are concerned, we've made 4 annual trips up to Barrie, Ontario - home of "another" COG group and have established many friendships there too.
armygreenx

Post by armygreenx »

2trux, yes i do remember you and your wife from the bash as well as the Cleveland event last year. Did they not end up having a Cleveland event this year? Anyways, if you go to the events down in Columbus I am sure I will see you around!