Cache container stickers

A place for those misc Geocaching related discussions that do not have their own topic.
(Please use the Off-Topic forurm if the discussion is not Geocaching related.)

Moderator: Steering Committee

GrizzFlyer
Frequent Poster (200 - 499 posts)

Cache container stickers

Post by GrizzFlyer »

Anybody have a way to print up some plastic adhesive stickers for the outside of cache containers? With the state forests requiring an outside identifying sticker, it would be good to have a source that local cachers can obtain these items. Preferably something in a subdued color (flat green/brown/primer, etc), and it wouldn't need but a little printing on it. I know Groundspeak sells them, but their price can be a little steep. Or, if anyone knows a source for the stickers, I can print up some on an inkjet. Would have to make sure Groundspeak's copyright on certain words and emblems aren't infringed upon.
Geocaching.com Charter Member
NWOGEO Charter Member

Handyman-N-Fam
Obsessed Lvl Poster (3k+ posts)

Re: Cache container stickers

Post by Handyman-N-Fam »

Stickers are not required on Forest caches, only a permit number, and "Geocache". I just wrote on mine with a Sharpie.
For custom stickers, you might try contacting Squigy109. She owns a graphics shop in Swanton. She can make you anything you want out of vinyl.
OnDHunt
Super Level Poster (1k - 1999 posts)

Post by OnDHunt »

Is that guy Handy or what?!?!?!?
I am an amazed cacher!
GrizzFlyer
Frequent Poster (200 - 499 posts)

Post by GrizzFlyer »

Handyman-N-Fam wrote:Stickers are not required on Forest caches, only a permit number, and "Geocache". I just wrote on mine with a Sharpie.
For custom stickers, you might try contacting Squigy109. She owns a graphics shop in Swanton. She can make you anything you want out of vinyl.
OK, I'll amend that to say they must be "identified". A non-paper sticker would work pretty good. Groundspeak stickers are a $1.25 each and up, plus shipping which usually kills the deal.

My new quest.... find the plastic stickers somewhere and make my own.
Geocaching.com Charter Member
NWOGEO Charter Member