More Bells and Whistles on gc.com

A place for those misc Geocaching related discussions that do not have their own topic.
(Please use the Off-Topic forurm if the discussion is not Geocaching related.)

Moderator: Steering Committee

Handyman-N-Fam
Obsessed Lvl Poster (3k+ posts)

More Bells and Whistles on gc.com

Post by Handyman-N-Fam »

There's more new stuff on the geocaching site! Here is some copying and pasting from the update list on the gc.com forums.

Geocaching Favorites
New in Phase 2

Click the ribbon in search results to view the percentage of Premium Member finds to Favorites.
…and on the cache page by clicking the down arrow on the Favorites total.

Geocaching Maps Beta
New in Phase 2

* Display your cache finds and hides
* Remove your cache finds and hides (Premium)
* Filter by cache type (Premium)
* Added My Topo mapping

Geocaching Statistics

Maps
View your caching activity in regions around the world with these new interactive maps. Scroll over a country to view the number of caches found within a region.

Milestones
You can now display your major geocaching milestones in a separate tab of your public statistics. Allow the site to generate the milestones on your behalf, or make individual corrections in your Account Details.

Displaying your Statistics
In this release we offer you more control over which statistics you wish to display to the world.

As of 7:30pm the stats tab is not working on my account. I'm sure it will be up shortly.

The milestones selection appears to be different than what we typically see. It uses the following numbers as milestones:
1,5,10,25,50,75,100,200,300,400,500,600,700,800,900,1000,2000(then by 1000's after that)

I am enjoying the new features on the beta map. I might start using that now instead of the old one.
TeamMina

Re: More Bells and Whistles on gc.com

Post by TeamMina »

Let us know when they add something to DNFs.
Enough with rewarding finds, let's do something for our failures.
Love to see a map of our misses.
cheechgang

Post by cheechgang »

The new map does not show premium meber caches, which all of mine currenty are due to some local geoshenanigans.
Proud to be
Streak, GeoArt, Power Trail, and Lab Cache free
roadkill103
Super Level Poster (1k - 1999 posts)

Post by roadkill103 »

Is there a way to look up archived caches on GC yet? Sometimes I would like to look up caches, but have no way of doing that unless I know the gc number. I'd like to see a map of archived caches or put them on the map they have now with the option to unchecked them. Or be able to search for archived caches in an area.

It's not the size of my cache that matters, but the way it adds to your mystery.