Travel Bug/Geocoin Information

A place for those misc Geocaching related discussions that do not have their own topic.
(Please use the Off-Topic forurm if the discussion is not Geocaching related.)

Moderator: Steering Committee

TeamMina
Obsessed Lvl Poster (3k+ posts)

Re: Travel Bug/Geocoin Information

Post by TeamMina »

I forgot all about "Traveler Tags". Once of the first TIs we found was one of them. Haven't seen on for a long time. Are they still active? I went and searched the site just now for ones around us. They most recent post I saw was 2005 for any within 30 miles of us.
GizmoGuy411
Uber Level Poster (2k - 2999 posts)

Post by GizmoGuy411 »

How about adding a comment about the tag-a-long things that people add to travelers that are NOT trackalble themselves. They can be a bit confusing to noobies.

As an example, a TB that I just took to a TB Hotel, had a Asian coin with a hole in the center attached to the TB chain. I did not read all the logs for the TB to see if anyone mentioned anything about adding it, so I had not idea what it was for.
TheBearclaws
Super Level Poster (1k - 1999 posts)

Post by TheBearclaws »

Getting this up and running can't happen soon enough. Some classic new cacher errors were made this weekend.
TeamMina

Post by TeamMina »

Maybe for the strange little oddities that infrequently happen in TI handling, we can finish the information posts with the "Feel free to post here, and we will be happy to help you with it". Or e-mail us and we can help.

BTW, have you noticed that for at least over a month now GC has not been adding miles to trackables? We emailed the geopigs about it, and they said they are talking about it on groundspeak, and had a glitch like this last year. But still hasn't been solved yet, it appears.
GeoFlint13
Mega Poster (500 - 999 posts)

Post by GeoFlint13 »

Yeah, it's evidently not automatically calculating the mileage. If you are the owner of the TI, you can go over on the right side and click on the "mark item missing" spot and the click on "recalculate distance" when it drops down and then "go". I figured it out while looking at the page my "Cache Cop" GC. I hope they get it straightened out soon because doing it manually is kind of a pain.
Good Luck & Happy Hunting!
TeamMina

Post by TeamMina »

You're right, Eric. That wasn't working back a couple of weeks ago when we noticed this happening. Took a while, but now all our TIs are up-to-date.
SuchaNana

Post by SuchaNana »

Off Topic
couldn't find an alternative travel bug thread to pass on some info, so using this great thread worthy of a bump...
now for the story, one of my travel bugs just got placed in GC2NVH2 outside Spokane, Washington...
it's a challenge event that i thought someone might want to know about for next year...

Link: GC2NVH2
SuchaNana...Life is STILL an Adventure...
Handyman-N-Fam

Post by Handyman-N-Fam »

Challenge event...I'm on my way!