Pine Thinning at Oak Openings

A place for those misc Geocaching related discussions that do not have their own topic.
(Please use the Off-Topic forurm if the discussion is not Geocaching related.)

Moderator: Steering Committee

Snowbee
Infrequent Poster (1 - 49 posts)

Pine Thinning at Oak Openings

Post by Snowbee »

Hi everyone, :)

I just wanted to let you all know about the current pine thinning project at Oaks. Because of this project certain areas within Oak Openings will be closed periodically. This may or may not affect geocaching. Here is a link to a PDF on the Metroparks web site[/ov] that explains the project in detail and more importantly has a map of the areas to be thinned. Please look at this if you have any geocaches at Oaks.

Metroparks Pine Thinning

After looking at the map if you are concerned that your cache may be affected please contact me ASAP and I will see if it may need to be temporarily moved. If anything it just may not be accessible for a short time. As of now I can tell you that;

The orange trail and horse trails are closed between NORTA and Reed Rd.

ALSO the horse trails and fire lanes are now closed between Girdham and Monclova
and
They are putting up maps that mark the closed areas at the Buehner Center/ Lodge and on appropriate trails.

Hopefully it won’t be too much of an inconvenience for everyone. Also, just a reminder to please send in your Toledo Metroparks permitapplications as soon as you can, and if possible email it to me so I can get to it quickly for you.

Thanks!

Tammy Snowberger
Naturalist, Toledo Metroparks

Email Tammy.Snowberger@metroparkstoledo.com[ov]