[align=center]How to use your Geocaching.com Stat Bar at NWOGEO.org[/align]
The following are samples of clickable Stats Bars that are commonly used as part of a user's "Signature" in forums here at NWOGEO and similar sites. When clicked, you are linked to Geocaching.com's Profile Page for that user.
[align=center] or [/align]
By changing a few parts of the following code, you can create your very own custom Stats Bar:
Code: Select all
Although a Stats Bar generator is available at Geocaching.com, it creates only HTML code. Many sites, such as NWOGEO use software that requires BBCode instead of HTML.
1) Copy the above Code to your clipboard by highlighting the green text, then using Ctrl-c to Copy it. (Macs use Command-c)
2) Go to your Profile Information page here at NWOGEO.org. Remove anything currently in the "My Signature" box. Then Paste the code into the box using Ctrl-v. (Macs use Command-v) Do NOT close this Profile Information page yet.
(HINT: Never hit the Enter key within the code in the "My Signature" edit box.)
3) Go to this Profile page at Geocaching.com (You will need to login.)
Substitute your GC User Name in place of NWOGEO up in the address bar of your browser. Replace any spaces in your GC name with "+" plus signs. Go to that new URL to visit your own Profile page.
4) Right click on "See the forum posts for this user", and choose Properties. Copy (Ctrl-c) the number after "mid=" at the end of the URL Address. This is your Decimal ID Number. Do NOT close this page yet.
5) Return to your NWOGEO Profile Information page, highlight the number after "A=" then Paste (Ctrl-v) in your Decimal ID Number. Do not close the page. OR
5a) IF your Decimal ID Number has more characters than your username (counting any spaces), then replace the "A=" and your Decimal ID Number with "u=" followed by your Username as in Step 2. (This will conserve Signature space.) EXAMPLE: u=NWOGEO
6) Return to your Profile Page at GC.com. Right click on "Send message", and choose Properties. Copy (Ctrl-c) the character string after "guid=" at the end of the URL Address. This is your User ID String.
7) Return again to your NWOGEO Profile Information page, highlight the character string after "uid=" ONLY up to the "&bg=" and Paste (Ctrl-v) in your User ID String.
8) Replace the "Click+here+to+view+my+stats!" with your own text, using the "+" plus symbol instead of spaces. (Depending on the text used, there is room for up to 32 characters.)
9) If you want to use "Signal the Frog" as your image (see 2nd example above), then edit "&bg=1" to "&bg=2". If you want the Geocaching.com logo as your image, then you can completely remove "&bg=1" to conserve more signature box space, as the logo is the default image.
10) Optionally you can add more text or code in the "My Signature" box as you desire up to the 256 character limit before or after the Pasted code.
11) Be sure to enable the "BBCode" option then save your changes in your Profile Information page.
12) Visit your "Member Options, Account Tools" information page to test the appearance of your clickable Stats Bar in your Signature.
13) To display your Stats Bar in the forums, be sure to either click the check box each time you post a message, or in your "Member Options, Account Tools, Configuration, My Preferences", select the option to "Always Attach My Signature". Once enabled, even your old posts will display your Stats Bar.
NOTE: If an NWOGEO administrator has already assisted you by placing the code in your "My Signature" box of your profile, then you still need to complete steps 8 through 13 by editing your Profile Information.
Use these codes to create the various symbols you want to include in your signature.
When using these codes remove the space between the "&" and the "#" symbols:
Some Common Special Character Codes:& #34 " Quote (also used for Seconds)
& #39 ' Apostrophe (also used for Minutes)
& #38 & Apersand
& #60 < Less Than
& #62 > Greater Than
& #160 Space
& #162 Â¢ Cent
& #169 Â© Copyright Mark
& #174 Â® Registered Mark
& #176 Â° Degree (Especially significant for us!)
& #183 Â· Midsize Bullet Dot
& #8482 â„¢ Trade Mark
These codes SHOULD universally work with Internet Explorer, Netscape and Firefox/Mozilla browsers. Other codes exist, including those that work only for specific browsers.
To Print out these instructions follow this FAQ:
Q: How to print only one message? - Advanced range selection
A: First, go to the printable view of the topic by pressing the Printer button in the topic view. Find your message and note the number in front of it. Type that number into the first box in the top left of the printable view. In the second box put value -1 and press the O_o button. This will tell the database to output only one message starting from the given one. Another way of getting this result is by putting the same number in both boxes. Let's say you want to print only the message number 4. Fill out the boxes in the top as such: 4 -1 and press the go button O_o.