Suggestion. Create a new periodic "nomadic" Meet &

Moderator: Steering Committee

McCombRef
Frequent Poster (200 - 499 posts)

Suggestion. Create a new periodic "nomadic" Meet &

Post by McCombRef »

Forum Moderator wrote:Note that this post was moved from another topic thread to open a seperate discussion here, and the new topic subject above was creaeted.
This may be another subject all together, but I was wondering if a third event could be added monthly or quarterly.

Adding a meet and eat at different locations , but not limited to, Lima, Defiance, Tiffin, or Fremont.

This would allow other people from NW Ohio to attend some of the get togethers. It would also allow people from other areas to put some faces to the log signatures.
GizmoGuy411
Uber Level Poster (2k - 2999 posts)

Re: NWOGEO Meet & Eat Event postings to Geocaching.com i

Post by GizmoGuy411 »

McCombRef wrote:This may be another subject all together, but I was wondering if a third event could be added monthly or quarterly.

Adding a meet and eat at different locations , but not limited to, Lima, Defiance, Tiffin, or Fremont.

This would allow other people from NW Ohio to attend some of the get togethers. It would also allow people from other areas to put some faces to the log signatures.
That sounds like a great idea. Let's see who else likes the idea and what cities (plus event locations and event frequency) are suggested. If there is enough feedback I'll start a new topic and move the posts to it.
Last edited by GizmoGuy411 on Wed 2009-02-25, 04:49:09, edited 3 times in total.
TeamMina
Obsessed Lvl Poster (3k+ posts)

Re: NWOGEO Meet & Eat Event postings to Geocaching.com i

Post by TeamMina »

McCombRef wrote:This may be another subject all together, but I was wondering if a third event could be added monthly or quarterly.

I think Defiance would be great! With me working night shift, I can't attend but Mr. TeamMina works in Defiance so it would be convenient for him.

Once I go back to days, we could do either Defiance or Maumee.
Last edited by TeamMina on Fri 2009-01-16, 19:09:48, edited 1 time in total.
GizmoGuy411

Re: Suggestion. Create a periodic "traveling" Meet

Post by GizmoGuy411 »

A note on choosing a Meet & Eat venue location. While it is not wrote in stone, we have a general guideline for choosing a M&E location. Here is what we say about it on our M&E Event pages:
NWOGEO M&E Event page wrote:Our goal is to have our M&E Events, held at a comfortable, handicap accessible, family friendly, open seating, brightly lit, low ambient noise and conveniently located restaurant with good, reasonably priced self-serve food, plus free Wireless Internet service (WiFi).

This allows us to come and go freely, order, pay, sit, and eat at our convenience, enjoy friendly conversation, show and tell, and mingle easily.
As far as the city, I see two votes for Defiance! Anyone else care to contribute?
OnDHunt
Super Level Poster (1k - 1999 posts)

Re: Suggestion. Create a new periodic "traveling"

Post by OnDHunt »

Lets not forget that NWOGEO does not control the market on event caches in NWO. Anyone can do them at any location for any reason as long as it gets approved.
I am an amazed cacher!
GizmoGuy411

Re: Suggestion. Create a new periodic "traveling"

Post by GizmoGuy411 »

OnDHunt wrote:Lets not forget that NWOGEO does not control the market on event caches in NWO. Anyone can do them at any location for any reason as long as it gets approved.
Very true! Anyone can create an Event. NWOGEO does not have to be the host. If someone creates their own M&E Event at Geocaching.com, we will still be happy to add it to our Event Schedule here.

Individuals have held their own events in the past, including several Geocaching 101 events, Put-n-Bay camping events, a dog friendly picnic, a Flash Mob event, and even a "boat required" picnic, and probably others I can't recall at the moment.
McCombRef

Re: Suggestion. Create a new periodic "nomadic" Me

Post by McCombRef »

Ica-Jess and I have talked about having one in Defiance. The only problem we have ran into is that Buffalo Wild Wings is the only known Wi-Fi hot spot in town.

To hold it there we will have to find outwhat day is the least busiest for the business. This may draw a lot of people since it is close to the Indiana border.
McCombRef

Post by McCombRef »

I would also help anyone that wants to put on an event in Lima and/or Tiffin. I am just not very familiar with these areas.
ScouterJoe

Post by ScouterJoe »

Napoleon has a beaners coffee with WiFi
TeamMina

Post by TeamMina »

East Of Chicago Pizza would make a great place in Defiance too.
Alot quieter than BWW with an arcade (and never really busy).
But the Wifi thing, I don't know. :(
GizmoGuy411

Post by GizmoGuy411 »

ScouterJoe wrote:Napoleon has a beaners coffee with WiFi
Are you sure?

There is a BIGGBY Coffee at 720 N. Clinton Street
Defiance, OH 43512, 419-784-0266.

Is that the one you were thinking of?
cheechgang

Post by cheechgang »

Yep, same place, just a name change due to...
Proud to be
Streak, GeoArt, Power Trail, and Lab Cache free
ScouterJoe

Post by ScouterJoe »

GizmoGuy411 wrote:
ScouterJoe wrote:Napoleon has a beaners coffee with WiFi
Are you sure?

There is a BIGGBY Coffee at 720 N. Clinton Street
Defiance, OH 43512, 419-784-0266.

Is that the one you were thinking of?
Did I say Napoleon? Meant Defiance. And yep, I keep forgetting they changed the names to protect the innocent.
yogi57

Post by yogi57 »

We have a large population of that minority in that area.
GeoFlint13
Mega Poster (500 - 999 posts)

Post by GeoFlint13 »

I live on the north side of Defiance, 1 block from Biggby's (Beaners) and believe me, they don't have room for more than 2 dozen people. East of Chicago would be great, but I'm sure they probably don't have WiFi. Tim Horton's coffee place is about the same size as Biggby. It looks like BWW is probably the only possibility. If you need help organizing an event here in Defiance, just drop me an e-mail.
Good Luck & Happy Hunting!