Suggestion. Create a new periodic "nomadic" Meet &

Moderator: Steering Committee

Mighty_Mo
Obsessed Lvl Poster (3k+ posts)

Re: Suggestion. Create a new periodic "nomadic" Me

Post by Mighty_Mo »

TeamMina wrote:
GizmoGuy411 wrote:Be sure to check our Home page Event Schedule here to pick a date that does not compete with an existing event. FYI... we just posted our twice yearly B.G. Meet & Eat for March 11th too.

Also if you want to make it an "official" NWOGEO M&E, then we could post a poll here to see if everyone would be ok with pre-empting our regular Maumee and Findlay M&E for that month, to encourage people to travel to the "nomadic" M&E instead, like we do for the B.G. M&E.

Just a thought! :)

Whether the M&E is hosted by NWOGEO, or by an individual member, we will be sure to post it here on our Home page Event Schedule.

Oh... and I agree the GeoFlint13 that BWW is probably your best overall choice too! (Especially if you can convince them to turn down the background volume a bit.
Do we want to go ahead and do a poll on whether or not to cancel the other February M&Es? I'm ok with it either way as we are unable to go to either Maumee or Findlay.
Since the February Maumee M&E is 48 hours away, I suspect it is a little late to cancel it. Someone might not check in and just show up.

Just my 2¢ worth.
TeamMina

Post by TeamMina »

Good point Ric!
GeoFlint13
Mega Poster (500 - 999 posts)

Post by GeoFlint13 »

TeamMina wrote:Good point Ric!
Yeah, I didn't think about it. I'll have to add him to my long list of people that are quicker than me! It's not to hard to get on the list most of the time!!!
Good Luck & Happy Hunting!
Mighty_Mo

Post by Mighty_Mo »

Findlay is Feb 19th. Since the Findlay M&E is on a weekday evening and the Defiance is a Saturday afternoon, maybe they can coexist and attract different people.
Last edited by Mighty_Mo on Mon 2009-02-02, 02:18:58, edited 1 time in total.
GizmoGuy411
Uber Level Poster (2k - 2999 posts)

Post by GizmoGuy411 »

Mighty_Mo wrote:
TeamMina wrote:
GizmoGuy411 wrote:Be sure to check our Home page Event Schedule here to pick a date that does not compete with an existing event. FYI... we just posted our twice yearly B.G. Meet & Eat for March 11th too.

Also if you want to make it an "official" NWOGEO M&E, then we could post a poll here to see if everyone would be ok with pre-empting our regular Maumee and Findlay M&E for that month, to encourage people to travel to the "nomadic" M&E instead, like we do for the B.G. M&E.

Just a thought! :)

Whether the M&E is hosted by NWOGEO, or by an individual member, we will be sure to post it here on our Home page Event Schedule.

Oh... and I agree the GeoFlint13 that BWW is probably your best overall choice too! (Especially if you can convince them to turn down the background volume a bit.
Do we want to go ahead and do a poll on whether or not to cancel the other February M&Es? I'm ok with it either way as we are unable to go to either Maumee or Findlay.
Since the February Maumee M&E is 48 hours away, I suspect it is a little late to cancel it. Someone might not check in and just show up.

Just my 2¢ worth.
I was not clear.... I was thinking of a future month actually, like maybe April or May. I'll edit my previous postl

However even a second event in March should not be a problem, since Maumee and Findlay are pre-empted for B.G. anyway.
TeamMina

Post by TeamMina »

I will go ahead and get this submitted first thing in the morning (I'm off to work in a few minutes).

After we see how it goes, then we can determine if we would like to do anything in the future in Defiance.
GizmoGuy411
Uber Level Poster (2k - 2999 posts)

Post by GizmoGuy411 »

TeamMina wrote:I will go ahead and get this submitted first thing in the morning (I'm off to work in a few minutes).

After we see how it goes, then we can determine if we would like to do anything in the future in Defiance.
Good Job!

Once you have it submited, you should probably post the Event name, and other details here in the "EVENT" forum (not this planning forum). I'll elevate it to an "Annoucement" and will place the info in the Event Schedule on our Home page.
GeoFlint13
Mega Poster (500 - 999 posts)

Post by GeoFlint13 »

I just have to stop by BWW this morning to get the coordinates before heading to TeamMina's.
Good Luck & Happy Hunting!
rowdie
Infrequent Poster (1 - 49 posts)

Post by rowdie »

I guess I'm a little late checking in but I'm willing to assist with the event. Let me know what you need.
Cachemeister
Regular Poster (100 - 199 posts)

Post by Cachemeister »

After reading this thread, I must say that I’m very impressed.

After the thought initiation by McCombRef, I see that TeamMina jumped in to offer assistance with the planning on the Jan 16 entry.
Shortly after, another member jumped in to offer their assistance.

In my opinion, it was GeoFlint13 that really stepped up to expedite the process.
It seems too many times that plans are cancelled due to trying to satisfy everyone by picking the “perfect� time and “perfect� place and never being able to make it happen.

Way :D on Gittin’ er done!
TeamMina

Post by TeamMina »

The event cache has been submitted and we are just waiting on it to be published.

The GC ID number is GC1MB81
Mighty_Mo

Post by Mighty_Mo »

Keystone works on HIS schedule.
T-Hunter
Super Level Poster (1k - 1999 posts)

Post by T-Hunter »

Good work you guys, Mcrtyfan and I are planning on being there.

If you aren't FTF, you're last to find.
cheechgang

Post by cheechgang »

Mighty_Mo wrote:Keystone works on HIS schedule.
as well he should! He is not yet among the jobless like you Mo :lol:
Proud to be
Streak, GeoArt, Power Trail, and Lab Cache free
Mighty_Mo

Post by Mighty_Mo »

Hey, I have a job. My job now is being retired. It's tough figuring out what to do all day. Maybe I'll now take a nap. :)