Program Unveiled for Green Energy Summit 2009

Read it to believe it!

Moderator: Steering Committee

Shaguf
Infrequent Poster (1 - 49 posts)

Post by Shaguf »

Must Attend Event for Solar, Wind, Biomass, GreenFuels, Green IT, Green Builings, Energy Efficiency and Sustainability

December 15, 2008, Bangalore: From March 4-6, world leaders in the renewable, green, clean technology and energy efficiency sectors will gather in Bangalore for Green Energy Summit 2009. The summit is a highly efficient forum for varied stakeholders from solar, wind, biomass, IT, transport, construction, aviation, nanotechnology and biotechnology to bring together the business and science of the most important and relevant Green Energy and Clean technologies ( http://www.greenenergysummit.com ).

Green Energy Summit has two objectives, amidst a vast array of highly complex issues. First, to bring to a single, public platform - stakeholders and decision-makers from policy, finance, manufacturing and trade. Second, to help catalyze solutions, initiatives and opportunities, so that Green Business, and therefore the necessary change we seek so desperately, can prosper.

"While the business opportunities in the future are enormous, we understand the need for businesses today to gain a foothold so that economically viable change can be more logical, active and urgent. To facilitate this, we will be bringing together those who are creating, propagating and establishing the systems and standards that are needed, so there can be a firm stimulus for action that goes far beyond the rhetoric, with practicable initiatives being addressed," says Dilip Thomas Steering Committee Member/Program Chair & CEO of Saltmarch Media, the organizers of Green Energy Summit ( http://www.greenenergysummit.com/ )

"Green Energy Summit is unique in that it endeavours to identify practical steps that will be of interest to decision makers in govt, business, industry and civil society in order to move the agenda forward with speed and urgency," adds Dr. J Gururaja, Former Sr. Advisor to United Nations. Among the participants expected to explore a sustainable future at GES are the sector’s leading financiers, entrepreneurs, corporations, scientists, policy-makers, city planners and the buyers and sellers.

The first announcement of the complete program has been published from the summit website ( http://greenenergysummit.com/programOverview.html ). Featured speakers include the finest group of 'faculty' ever assembled on this subject:

-"Vision for Green Energy" -- Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam, Former President of India
-"Climate Change and Green Energy"-- Dr. R K Pachauri, IPCC
-"New Policy Initiatives for a Green Energy Future" -- Vilas Rao Muttemwar, Minister, MNRE, GoI
-"Greening India's Power Sector" -- Dr. Jairam Ramesh, MoS - Power & Commerce
-"Solar Photovoltatics: Global Perspectives" -- Dr. Hermann Scheer, Member of Parliament, Germany
-"Conflict/Integration between Energy Security and Climate Change Policies" -- H.E. Corrado Clini, Ministry for the Environment Land and Sea, Italy
-"Green Energy, Global Economy and the Planet" -- Dr. Christopher Flavin, Worldwatch Institute
-"The Global Energy Assessment for 2009" -- Prof. Thomas B. Johansson, IIIEE, Lund University
-"Financing Challenges and Opportunities for Green Energy Development" -- Michael T. Eckhart, ACORE
-"Learning from the European Target Figures for 2010" -- Dr. Wolfgang Palz, WCRE
-"Impact of Policy Initiatives and the Roadmap for Green Energy Development" -- Dr. Mohamed T. El-Ashry, REN21
-"Fostering the China-India Collaboration on Green Energy" -- Policy Makers and Industries from China
-"Global Energy Future - New Perspectives" -- Dr. Yogi Goswami, Former President, International Solar Energy Society
-"Partnership Strategies for Promoting Green Energy and Energy Efficiency" -- Dr. Marianne Osterkorn, REEEP
-"Regulators’ Perspectives on Encouraging Energy Efficiency and Demand Management" -- Pramod Deo, CERC
-"Status Quo and Roadmap for Green Energy Investments in Emerging Markets" -- Dr. H. Jeffrey Leonard, GEF
-"PPP in the future financing of Green Energy and Climate Change Projects" -- Dr. Jose Achache, GEO

Besides the plenaries, the power panels, industry-focussed sessions and workshops will cover topics including policy & framework, finance & strategy, CDM, China- Middle East-collaboration, solar, wind, fuels & transportation, green IT, energy efficiency, green buildings, small hydro, cogeneration, green buildings & architecture, environment. There is also a conclave of bankers, VCs, PE investors and aid organizations and a conclave of Chief Secretaries, Energy Secretaries and administrators to drive and debate policy and implementation.

Apart from the main conference, there will be a dedicated Exhibition area to showcase the work of vendors from Solar, Wind, Biomass, Green Fuels, Green IT, Green Buildings and Materials, Equipment manufacturers, the government, nodal agencies and the industry. Plans are also afoot to fund five practical and result-oriented projects in the areas of primary healthcare, SPV for drinking water, BIPV, “IT Lights-Off Day� and other applications; the projects will be announced at the Green Energy Awards ceremony on 6 March 2009.

Dr. Arcot Ramachandran, former UN Under Secretary General and chairperson of the summit, says, "We are also planning for the rural voice to be heard, for children to become green conscious, for achievers to be felicitated and, for participants to be taken to real-life implementations of renewable energy, so they can see and feel the promise of renewable and clean technology."

Needless to say, organisations participating in the summit have the opportunity to reinforce its commitment to sustainable development and promote its innovative green technologies and strategies with International and Indian companies, renewable energy intelligentsia, R&D and academic institutions, as well as the government, on several of the key initiatives their companies are driving.

Register now to secure your place at this premier networking and deal-making forum, in Bangalore from 4-6 March 2009. For sponsorship opportunities and delegate registration contact Poonam Sharma at +91 99020 77327 or +91 80 4005 1000, or e-mail info@greenenergysummit.com .

A Saltmarch Media Press Release
E: info@greenenergysummit.com
Ph: +91 80 4005 1000
TheBearclaws
Super Level Poster (1k - 1999 posts)

Re: Program Unveiled for Green Energy Summit 2009

Post by TheBearclaws »

I'm sure this will be a great gathering and our very own Dr Spike Von Sweinigus, Promulgator, WOOF, would attend if not for a prior engagement as keynote speaker at a conference regarding anti-matter in Washington.

BTW, Is Bangalore somewhere near Bangagong?

ps: I use to watch Green Acres and that seemed like the place to be.
Last edited by TheBearclaws on Wed 2008-12-17, 12:18:20, edited 2 times in total.
Shaguf
Infrequent Poster (1 - 49 posts)

Post by Shaguf »

Bangalore is a IT city of India.. and the conference is taking place in Bangalore..It is Asia's largest conference on Green Energy, Clean Technology and Renewable Energy where leaders of Green Energy from the world is going to gather...
McCombRef
Frequent Poster (200 - 499 posts)

Post by McCombRef »

India???

When I think green and environmently friendly..I think India.
BlackBrownDog
Obsessed Lvl Poster (3k+ posts)

Post by BlackBrownDog »

Do you think there will be any new permanent caches there to find? I think I already found all of them in Bangalore.

Also, after having our chili cookoff, complete with lots of beans, I think there should have been more effort to make Slagle's Prius run off the methane.
OnDHunt

Post by OnDHunt »

If I can only come up with a suitable collection device, I will have the problem licked. Here is my first pass. Anyone else have an idea?
cheechgang

Post by cheechgang »

Amazing solar powered clothes dryer

Proud to be
Streak, GeoArt, Power Trail, and Lab Cache free
ScouterJoe

Post by ScouterJoe »

Damn, March 4th was my target date to buy a new GM Yukon. The good 8 cylinder one, not the wimpy hybrid version. I would have been up for green conference in india. Maybe I could meet algore. I'm sure he'll be taking his private jet there.
TheBearclaws

Post by TheBearclaws »

New Airline Company

cheechgang

Post by cheechgang »

Solar powered terrarium pets

Proud to be
cheechgang

Post by cheechgang »

Solar powered flashlight. (think about it)

Proud to be
linzypooh49
Frequent Poster (200 - 499 posts)

Post by linzypooh49 »

If the NWOGEO community needs to be represented, I will take one for the team and make it to the conference. I just need some sponsors.$12000 should cover my expenses. The only way to go is first class on the Amish Airlines. I will take my methane cow to the airport to save on gas. Can I check my Yukon to take on the plane? Those Bangalore cars are so uncomfortable.
cheechgang

Post by cheechgang »

Another idea for the esteemed Mr von Sweinigus to present at the conference. Solar powered range-top

(I'm so happy that NWOGEO.ORG's middle name is GEO, or we would likely have never received notification of the festivities in Bangalore!)
Proud to be
TheBearclaws

Post by TheBearclaws »

Hamster Powered Shredder

cheechgang

Post by cheechgang »

There is actually a good reason to go to this conference. There is a cache VERY nearby. No Kidding!
Proud to be