Bluetooth GPS Antenna

Discussion about anything geocaching tech related! GPS Units, PDA's, Paperless Caching, etc. (For NWOGEO web issues, please use "Website Related Forums".)

Moderator: Steering Committee

harold
Moderate Poster (50 - 99 posts)

Bluetooth GPS Antenna

Post by harold »

Dual Electronics XGPS150 Universal Bluetooth GPS Receiver

Earlier this winter, I read a random log in my email notices, and this was mentioned as being used with an ipod or ipad.

I've read a bunch of reviews on Amazon, and finally decided to order one tonight. Seems it's used quite a bit by private pilots to track themselves. The antenna in my Droid 3 is entirely useless and am relying on our Garmins all of the time now, which isn't a bad thing, but I would still like to see it work for general navigation too.
harold
Moderate Poster (50 - 99 posts)

Re: Bluetooth GPS Antenna

Post by harold »

Finally got to play with it. Took an hour of research and fiddling with the settings until it connected with my Droid 3. I think I'm going to be happy with this. Outside shows a constant 8 feet of error, and inside shows 12. It doesn't pass on the individual satellite info, but everything else is there. Supposed to be 8 hours of built in battery life while unplugged. Wrist straps are included. :)