help with installing Topo maps on my new GPSmap 60Cx

Discussion about anything geocaching tech related! GPS Units, PDA's, Paperless Caching, etc. (For NWOGEO web issues, please use "Website Related Forums".)

Moderator: Steering Committee

bluevobler
Infrequent Poster (1 - 49 posts)

help with installing Topo maps on my new GPSmap 60Cx

Post by bluevobler »

Just bought my 60Cx and am trying to install topo maps. Maps are not locked but I am having problems installing them on the unit. Selected area is about 1.1gig and mapsource properly shows the remaining memory as about 900MB. (the balance on 2gig MicroSD). When I press next to start the transfer I get the error message that I have not enough space available for the download. The only way I can do the download is as a mass storage device. When I restart the unit, it seems to load the map of the area, but the only thing available on the screen is the basemap. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong ?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Richard
GizmoGuy411
Uber Level Poster (2k - 2999 posts)

Re: help with installing Topo maps on my new GPSmap 60Cx

Post by GizmoGuy411 »

Have you tried to test the process using a smaller area? Also, was the card pre-formated? You may want to format it in the unit first and see what happens. Just some shots in the dark.

It sounds like you are doing everything right. Garmin is pretty good about answering tech questions. You may have to give them a call to resolve this, if no one else has any better ideas.