Someone please help the newbie :)

Discussion about anything geocaching tech related! GPS Units, PDA's, Paperless Caching, etc. (For NWOGEO web issues, please use "Website Related Forums".)

Moderator: Steering Committee

mel.ivey
Infrequent Poster (1 - 49 posts)

Someone please help the newbie :)

Post by mel.ivey »

Hi all,

I have been trying to download cache info to my Palm Tungsten E2. I started out with at the geocaching u site and downloaded spinner and plucker. I can use this to load onto my Palm, but only one cache will load (no matter how many I spin and save).

So, I decided this was a pain and spent the 8 bucks for Cachemate. Well to start with, I had no clue about pocket queries (remember this is all new) but I think I figured this out. Got 500 delivered to me. I even managed to get Cachemate on my Palm. But--- only about 10 or so of the caches (remember there were 500) show up on my Palm after the saving and synxing.

I would really like all of them to go to my Palm. Any ideas for the technically challenged?

Thanks,
Melissa (mel.ivey)
OnDHunt
Super Level Poster (1k - 1999 posts)

Re: Someone please help the newbie :)

Post by OnDHunt »

When you preview the results of the query on geocaching.com, do you see all 500 caches?

When you open the GPX file (the unzipped file file from the query) you receive from geocaching.com do you see all 500 caches in the File Coverter program?

Finally are you highlighting all 500 caches before you click on the Export PDB?
I am an amazed cacher!
mel.ivey

Post by mel.ivey »

Yes to all three ?s.

I will try again as soon as I get home (where my hot synx is) and try again. I will post the results tomorrow.

Thanks,
Melissa
mel.ivey

Post by mel.ivey »

OnDhunt,

I did a new query and it saved just fine this time. I think maybe something happened in the changing from the unregistered to the registered version of cachemate.

Thanks!
Melissa
OnDHunt

Post by OnDHunt »

That is great and good luck!
I am an amazed cacher!
Stumpy75

Post by Stumpy75 »

Cachemate restricts you to 10 caches in the unregistered version. Here's the article I used to get going paperless. I used the bought software. Step by step instructions!

Paperless caching

Have fun!