EasyGps (not so easy)

Discussion about anything geocaching tech related! GPS Units, PDA's, Paperless Caching, etc. (For NWOGEO web issues, please use "Website Related Forums".)

Moderator: Steering Committee

Flybye
Moderate Poster (50 - 99 posts)

EasyGps (not so easy)

Post by Flybye »

Not so easy for me anyways. I have a basic etrex and I cant seem to make easy gps work for me. Does anyone use this to upload caches to their unit, if so can you give me a few pointers????
Cachemeister
Regular Poster (100 - 199 posts)

Re: EasyGps (not so easy)

Post by Cachemeister »

I have used EasyGps with a Garmin Etrex Legend frequently with no issues. After opening EasyGps, go to Edit>Preferences and select the appropriate tab to add your specific GPSr to the list. Also set your desired units of measure and coordinate format here.

Did your Etrex come with some software to load on your PC? Might want to verify that.

I currently run a 60CSx, and still use EasyGps with no problems, but want to try out GSAK and the PDA "paperless" method - but am waiting for a possible "training" session offered by any wonderful member of NWOGEO that is in the know (hint hint)...
yogi57
Super Level Poster (1k - 1999 posts)

Post by yogi57 »

I give classes to Magellan users only
2trux
Moderate Poster (50 - 99 posts)

Post by 2trux »

Perhaps we can offer some training at the Holiday event next month.
Cachemeister wrote:I currently run a 60CSx, and still use EasyGps with no problems, but want to try out GSAK and the PDA "paperless" method - but am waiting for a possible "training" session offered by any wonderful member of NWOGEO that is in the know (hint hint)...