How to download cache info into eXplorist 210

Discussion about anything geocaching tech related! GPS Units, PDA's, Paperless Caching, etc. (For NWOGEO web issues, please use "Website Related Forums".)

Moderator: Steering Committee

storysearcher
Infrequent Poster (1 - 49 posts)

How to download cache info into eXplorist 210

Post by storysearcher »

Hello, I'm a bit technologically challenged and I'm having trouble downloading information from the website into the unit. The USB cable is connected (yes, correctly) and I checkmarked several items. When I hit "transfer," I got an error that said it couldn't read the file type. Can anyone help?
Have a great day!
2trux
Moderate Poster (50 - 99 posts)

Re: How to download cache info into eXplorist 210

Post by 2trux »

Where do you see "transfer"?

The green icon to the right of the checkbox, only works with certain? Garmin models.

Checking the boxes and then selecting "download waypoints" will download a .LOC file with basic information, including the coordinates to your pc. From there, you'll need to transfer it to your GPS. I'm not familar with the 210, but I *think* you could use EasyGPS to move that LOC file to your Magellan. It works with our old Magellan Meridian's and it's free!

Even though we use GSAK (a fantastic shareware program), we still use EasyGPS for some quick and dirty work (non-geocaching related).
yogi57
Super Level Poster (1k - 1999 posts)

Post by yogi57 »

Did you save it in an explorist format? You can use GSAK to save it in explorist format then Mapsend manager to transfer to your gps
storysearcher
Infrequent Poster (1 - 49 posts)

Post by storysearcher »

Thanks! I'll give it a try again as soon as I get a chance. Stay tuned ...
Have a great day!