Notes about how my posts & other content here morph!

Suggestions for website & website related help requests and problem notification.

Moderator: Steering Committee

GizmoGuy411
Uber Level Poster (2k - 2999 posts)

Notes about how my posts & other content here morph!

Post by GizmoGuy411 »

Just thought I'd post a note to explain how my posts and other content here on NWOGEO.org often morph.

Since I often write in a stream of thought manner, my original posts are often edited multiple times before I am happy content with them. While the edits are usually in close time proximity to the original post, they occasionally can also occur days later.

Sometimes I post late at night when my creativity is at a peak. Unfortunately my accuracy is on a different time schedule, so corrections regularly occur the next day later!

When reorganizing topic threads in the Forums, it is often necessary to create a temporary "holding" forum as part of the process. Come back a little later and the posts that appeared in weird places "should" be in their new correct locations.

When I move/merge topics, some references in certain posts may seem out of context. In some cases I'll add a "Moderator Note" in the form of a boxed quote to help explain.

When posts are merged, they are ordered by their creation date by the system. When this will cause mass confusion, I may create new posts, box quoting the original post to place them in a more understandable order.

Similar to this forum maintenance, other areas of the system may appear and disappear during updates. Check to see if I or the username "NWOGEO" is online. If so, then you can pretty well figure that "jslagle" or I am are in the middle of something.

A few of you are very good at proof reading my posts and such. Please feel free to send me a note if you find something awry. Just because I am in the middle of changes, does not mean I'll find every error. Your help and constructive criticism is always welcome!

Thanks
gg

[As an example, this post was reposted or edited 7 times within the first 15 min, and then 3 more times at later dates! :)]
Last edited by GizmoGuy411 on Tue 2009-02-10, 14:21:50, edited 9 times in total.
cheechgang
Obsessed Lvl Poster (3k+ posts)

Re: Notes about how my posts & other content here morph!

Post by cheechgang »

as a prime example please note above that "this post was edited 7 times within 15 minutes!!!
Proud to be
Streak, GeoArt, Power Trail, and Lab Cache free
cachergirl27
Super Level Poster (1k - 1999 posts)

Post by cachergirl27 »

cheechgang wrote:as a prime example please note above that "this post was edited 7 times within 15 minutes!!!
Meticulous? Obsessive? You be the judge.......
Just kiddin' Giz! :D
GizmoGuy411
Uber Level Poster (2k - 2999 posts)

Post by GizmoGuy411 »

jhenkel wrote:
cheechgang wrote:as a prime example please note above that "this post was edited 7 times within 15 minutes!!!
What does OCD spell? :crazy2:
cachergirl27
Super Level Poster (1k - 1999 posts)

Post by cachergirl27 »

GizmoGuy411 wrote:
jhenkel wrote:
What does OCD spell? :crazy2:
Is that Orange Dog's initials??? Oh, no, I get it.....Obsessive Cacher's Disorder! :)