achievement coin

Suggestions for website & website related help requests and problem notification.

Moderator: Steering Committee

scuba
Frequent Poster (200 - 499 posts)

achievement coin

Post by scuba »

I would like to see this club give out achievement coins for 100, 200,300, 500, 1000 finds. I think we could do this with very little cash from each member. Even if we paid for them ourself. The club would just have to have them available. I would be willing to pay some kind of dues to have them.

Scuba
bravo872
Moderate Poster (50 - 99 posts)

Re: achievement coin

Post by bravo872 »

Cool idea!

Maybe for the first year we could try to get one to go in each of the new Golden Ammo cans and if that works out we could try it with either the 500 level or the 2000 mark.

Anyone know what they would cost us?

Would we just use donations from the group to fund it?
I would be willing to throw in a little.
[url=http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?A=1568622:35pzv251][img:35pzv251]http://img.groundspeak.com/stats/img.aspx?txt=Click+here+to+view+my+stats!&uid=389f0070-6cc4-4d78-b4cf-bb0ec6ad8f2f[/img:35pzv251][/url:35pzv251]
rnw422

Post by rnw422 »

I think the achievement coin is a great idea. I know through Coins & Pins the coins cost about $10.00 - $11.00 for a set which is the coin and a lapel pin in a velvet case. Not sure if we have to go that fancy but maybe we could get a price break if we do. We could have something on the coin for NWOGEO and the achievement number 1000 find, 2000 find, etc.... I am not sure where the old NWOGEO coins were produced at but that would be a cool design. All we would have to do is add the achievement part to it as the original design is already produced so there shouldn't be a set up fee involved. (Shouldn't be) Maybe take the painted design off the back of the coin and replace it with the achievement part. Just a thought.
gsmom59
Moderate Poster (50 - 99 posts)

Post by gsmom59 »

I'm not a big collector of the coins but I think an achievement coin for a level or two would be nice. Personally I like the idea of an achievement coin at 500 and the ammo box at 1000. I know we have the banner to sign but it would be nice to have a little momento as well. I'm not so much into the numbers as I am into the fun and challenges caching can provide but I still pay attention when I am coming up on a 'milestone' and what cache I do for it.

In talking to different groups at the bash and what they do, I also like the idea of putting out caches honoring some of our long time cachers at marks like 2500...but then again, the caches would have to live up to some of their reputations and could be a challenge to put out! It would be great to see other accomplishements (as well as these) recognized at the Meet & Eat's as well.
Keger8

Post by Keger8 »

i like the idea of 500 and 2500. There would just be to many coins needed for the original idea pf 100, 200, 300, 500, 1000.
SuchaNana
Obsessed Lvl Poster (3k+ posts)

Post by SuchaNana »

gsmom59 wrote:I'm not a big collector of the coins but I think an achievement coin for a level or two would be nice. Personally I like the idea of an achievement coin at 500 and the ammo box at 1000. I know we have the banner to sign but it would be nice to have a little momento as well. I'm not so much into the numbers as I am into the fun and challenges caching can provide but I still pay attention when I am coming up on a 'milestone' and what cache I do for it.

In talking to different groups at the bash and what they do, I also like the idea of putting out caches honoring some of our long time cachers at marks like 2500...but then again, the caches would have to live up to some of their reputations and could be a challenge to put out! It would be great to see other accomplishements (as well as these) recognized at the Meet & Eat's as well.
as tonight is my NEWBIE MEMBER first posting night, i'll pipe in with an opinion....SURE, y'all can bestow many coins and accolades upon the newbie for achievements...i'll be so humble in my acceptance speeches...promise....as for the other honorees,
i agree with GSMOM's second paragraph...seems so fitting...
SuchaNana...Life is STILL an Adventure...